Fuji We're just not bonding...

What I like best about the X100S is that it's a small slim package, but with enough real estate to grip and have physical controls, and that checks all the boxes for me. It has a good wide-normal lens, low light capability, a viewfinder, intuitive manual controls, built-in ND filter for sunny days, and good image output. Essentially, it's everything I want in a camera or system (well, except maybe fast sure AF in low light) for grabbing a camera to head out the door. I throw an extra battery or two and a lens pen in a pocket and I'm good to go. No accessory viewfinders, no lenses to worry about, even an ND filter included so I can shoot even wide open at high noon :)

Couldn't agree more.

What I like best about the X100S is that it's a small slim package, but with enough real estate to grip and have physical controls, and that checks all the boxes for me. It has a good wide-normal lens, low light capability, a viewfinder, intuitive manual controls, built-in ND filter for sunny days, and good image output. Essentially, it's everything I want in a camera or system (well, except maybe fast sure AF in low light) for grabbing a camera to head out the door. I throw an extra battery or two and a lens pen in a pocket and I'm good to go. No accessory viewfinders, no lenses to worry about, even an ND filter included so I can shoot even wide open at high noon :)

+1

Well said.

After two weeks with mine, I can say that this thing does not get in the way of taking photos. Yes, there are a few niggles that I wish they would change with regards to the interface, logic in firmware, etc. But for the most part, the X100S is as a complete camera as I could have wished for in the footprint and price.

I hope to start a thread at how to address some of the little things soon.

Back