West Highlands

HeatherTheVet

Top Veteran
Name
Heather
I've got a couple of hundred shots from the weekend, I'm starting to chew through them, here's the first couple. The rounded peak on the left is the Pap of Glencoe, the Loch is Loch Leven.
6711803901_ded26c764d_b.jpg
[/url] Sunset over Pap of Glencoe by heather_t_vet, on Flickr[/IMG]

6711882467_b3a6ef90b8_b.jpg
[/url] Serenity on Loch Leven by heather_t_vet, on Flickr[/IMG]
6705324495_0da47f1312_b.jpg
[/url] Frosty Seaweed by heather_t_vet, on Flickr[/IMG]
6705235337_3770aac530_b.jpg
[/url] Roddy does landscape by heather_t_vet, on Flickr[/IMG]

I think these were all the kit lens (which I bought when no-one was looking :)) the last one *might* be the pancake, I'd need to check. But I think it was kit @18mm.

Spotted these last night, I think, on Flickr, and fell in love with your West Highlands.

My first dog was a West Highland White.

If I had to choose, I'd choose your second and fourth, though I like them each very much.

Although I do like your Snapseed version...I think I'm still with your first due to its simplicity with less detail showing in the surrounding mountains, sky and foreground...the same for the reflections. Your first has a more meditative air, whereas the detail and more varied tones in your second give the scene a very different feeling. Not that it's a "bad" feeling, it's just different and once I've tasted of heaven...well, you know.

Seriously, Heather, I like both versions very much. If I hadn't seen your first version, I'm sure I would have fallen head over heals for your second... There is much more depth to your second...and that countryside is so dramatic and glorious, I can see why you'd want to show it off more... I just keep going back to the quiet stillness of your first.

What about you, Heather, which do you like better?

You should see me in my "darkroom" going back and forth on my own versions of one of my own pictures...ad infinitum, I might add!:rolleyes:;)

All great, the second one is just stunning. I prefer the original to the Snapseed version, though my preference for landscape is usually simpler processing. Which do you prefer?
I'm in the process of planning this years Scotland cycling trip, can't wait.

I'm not sure which I like best, I like them both! I think it might be easier to tell with a hard copy. Having a problem in that I have no idea where the snapseed-ed file has gone though. I uploaded it to Flickr straight from Snapseed and I don't know if it is saved on my computer anywhere. If it is I can't find it anyway. The reworked one does feel a bit more like the place, but both have their charm.

Sorry for sporadic (and rather selfish) posting, things are very busy here. I leave the house at 8am, often don't return till 9pm. There's not a lot of time in amongst that for photos at the moment!

I love the 4th one. The dog seeming to look into the dark area rather than the more obvious lighter area of the distance is what makes it special IMHO (and the Snapseed version ruins the effect).

BTW I love this area, my mother came from Kinlochleven.

Beautiful photos, beautiful scenery. On the fourth of the first installment I prefer the original only because I don't think it needed snapseed. The snapseed looked good too but I am of a mind that if it's already there, there it is, if it needs a gentle nudge to bring out some element or another, then process to bring that element out.

Back