Weston Super Mare air day

Iansky

All-Pro
A fellow photographer and myself went to Weston on Sat for the air day, good journey down, easy parking and dry! Having said that it was overcast and hazy so not the best day for clear images especially when using the 100-400+1.4 convertor that only amplifies the haze!

It did stay dry if not a little windy but all in all a superb day with some good flying.

The tracking on the XP2 worked well even when zoomed all the way out to 840mm equivalent!!

Here are some of the images from the day and apologies for it being image heavy.

Weston 7.jpg
Weston 9.jpg
Weston 11.jpg
Weston 13.jpg
Weston 18.jpg
Weston 25.jpg
Weston 28.jpg
Weston 42.jpg

Ian, Ian!

Catalina, Strikemaster, Typhoon - even a Yak, if my eyes don't deceive me! Some cracking stuff here. How did you find the heft of the 100-400? Asking because Farnborough is only 2 miles and a couple of weeks away... ;)

Hi Bill,

A good selection and alas the B17 could not make it (stuck in Europe), I took the monopod but spent most of the day handholding the combo and after lugging my full frame Nikon and Tamron 150 - 600 around at Fairford, the Fuji set is a dream and easy carry also considerably smaller. Superfast to focus with those 2 x linear motors and totally silent.

I only live 8 miles from Fairford so will probably be covering the airshow on the Sat but not from the airfield but from a field with a good view.

Thanks Covey22,

It put on a good display and that is the second time I have seen it this year - a real crowd pleaser.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back