What a difference light makes

pictogramax

All-Pro
For two weeks now I'm working on adaptation of my atelier, so instead of going out for (photo)walks, I'm spending my days sawing, building, painting and cleaning. The only moments stolen for photography are at my desk, while I check my e-mails and respond to the most urgent ones.

So I set on photographing the same subject - doors to my terrace - from the same spot for a few days, recording the difference that the time of day and variance of light might bring.
It's not super thorough, like fixing the camera on a tripod to assure the exact same composition, but it's close enough... And the results, at least to me, are quite interesting.

All shot with Fuji XE2 and Takumar 55mm f1.8

PICTOGRAMAX - 2020 - 08 - VEILS.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Nice shots - that's a good exercise to do :)

Reminds me of when I lived at Dublin bay - which at low tide is this huge empty canvas - with basically nothing to photograph but the weather and the light...

Reminds me of my first steps in photography when I did such a series outside with a Kodak Instamatic 250. Long time ago (mid-60s).

Attachments

• Kodak Instamatic 250.jpg
    Kodak Instamatic 250.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 265
For two weeks now I'm working on adaptation of my atelier, so instead of going out for (photo)walks, I'm spending my days sawing, building, painting and cleaning. The only moments stolen for photography are at my desk, while I check my e-mails and respond to the most urgent ones.

So I set on photographing the same subject - doors to my terrace - from the same spot for a few days, recording the difference that the time of day and variance of light might bring.
It's not super thorough, like fixing the camera on a tripod to assure the exact same composition, but it's close enough... And the results, at least to me, are quite interesting.

All shot with Fuji XE2 and Takumar 55mm f1.8

View attachment 232569

This is very good exercise for every photographer to do, at least once to learn the importance of the light. It is actually a bit shame that nowadays one can cheat in PP so easily :)

Back