Fuji What about the rumoured X80

Iansky

All-Pro
I have the X70 and it is a superb pocket rocket that I can carry with me at all times knowing it is always able to deliver great images.
Since Sony stopped making the 16meg sensor and Fuji stopped producing the X70 (short life), there have been rumours about an X80 with the new Fuji sensor but it now seems to have gone quiet.
The other one is the more expensive APSC Fuji Professional model that was strongly rumoured.
Has anyone heard anything more about these two? I do wonder if PhotoKino will reveal anything this year and in light of the problems Nikon are experiencing, it may be a prudent time for Fuji to show what they will launch to capture the professionals still sitting on the fence.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen a hint of any new version and I have also been looking. The X70 got some mediocre reviews from sites like DPR for the quality of the lens. That may have hurt sales enough to put it on the back burner for Fuji, especially if they MUST upgrade it with a new sensor to continue production.

I have the X70 and it is a superb pocket rocket that I can carry with me at all times knowing it is always able to deliver great images.
Since Sony stopped making the 16meg sensor and Fuji stopped producing the X70 (short life), there have been rumours about an X80 with the new Fuji sensor but it now seems to have gone quiet.
The other one is the more expensive APSC Fuji Professional model that was strongly rumoured.
Has anyone heard anything more about these two? I do wonder if PhotoKino will reveal anything this year and in light of the problems Nikon are experiencing, it may be a prudent time for Fuji to show what they will launch to capture the professionals still sitting on the fence.

I'm waiting for an X80 as well.

I haven't seen a hint of any new version and I have also been looking. The X70 got some mediocre reviews from sites like DPR for the quality of the lens. That may have hurt sales enough to put it on the back burner for Fuji, especially if they MUST upgrade it with a new sensor to continue production.

I really have no complaints about the X70 lens, but maybe that's just me.

Fingers crossed we will hear something official from Fuji soon, it must however not be anymore expensive than the original X70.

I am interested in the potential "New Pro level APSC camera" and wonder if it will include the new Sony sensor that it in the A9 and its associated capability - that would be nice!

It is indeed but as Sony have made most of the sensors for Fuji (albeit an APSC version) XP2 & XT2 I am sure they will be delivering an APSC version of the A9 chip in the not too distant future then Fuji can do their XTrans magic on it.

It is indeed but as Sony have made most of the sensors for Fuji (albeit an APSC version) XP2 & XT2 I am sure they will be delivering an APSC version of the A9 chip in the not too distant future then Fuji can do their XTrans magic on it.

Point taken Ian, so long as it goes like a bat out of hell, as more speed is always good innit

Rayvonn I agree with you and I love my small X70.

Mike , if the performance would be anything like the A9 then it will be a winner - 20FPS, no blackout and superb continuous focus tracking - a winner...............only time will tell and I wonder if Photokina will reveal something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back