Fuji What are the best value lenses for the X-Mount?

If you haven't purchased the body yet, I don't think you can go wrong with the 18-55.
When purchased together it's a nice system, and I thnk a lot of bang for the buck.

If only one lens, then the 35mm 1,4. If you are a "zoom guy", the kit zoom, very good lens, but you give up lens speed. It is very different to shoot a 2,8 to f4 rather than a F1,4 lens.

Even the 18 F2 is nice, albeit not the sharpest in the edges.

Bernie

I'm with Bernie, I still only have the 35mm F1.4; the 50mm full-frame FOV is really a great all-arounder, just like I learned in my film days. It's flexible enough for the type of photography you prefer.

the 50mm full-frame FOV is really a great all-arounder, just like I learned in my film days. It's flexible enough for the type of photography you prefer.

Honestly, if only one lens, I'd prefer a 35-70mm (equivalent), but constant f2,8. A 2x Zoom can be very versatile for 90% of all photo occasions. The 35 1,4 is very good, but a bit too short for close portraits, and often a bit too long for scenics. Unfortunately 2x Zooms are out of fashion since quite a while...

Honestly, if only one lens, I'd prefer a 35-70mm (equivalent), but constant f2,8. A 2x Zoom can be very versatile for 90% of all photo occasions. The 35 1,4 is very good, but a bit too short for close portraits, and often a bit too long for scenics. Unfortunately 2x Zooms are out of fashion since quite a while...

While I agree mid range zoom is very flexible,with the X-Pro I have really forced myself to stay with primes.

Back