Film What are you shooting this weekend?

JoeLopez

Veteran
I'm planning to shoot a few frames of Portra 160 through the F3 this weekend. I'd like to get my x100 out a bit as well.

What are you shooting this weekend?

This is a good question, makes one plan ahead.

I really don't know. I have an HP5+ and a Provia 100F, loaded for several month and both still with circa 2/3 of the roll yet to go, on two Nikon F70. I should think about finishing those.

I'm going to finish another five or more rolls in the next three days (I have finished three so far - holidays!): Kodak Ultra 400 in the Zeiss Ikon ZM; Kodak Gold 200 in the Leica AF-C1, Agfa APX 100 in the Vitessa (the one with the Ultron), and also at least one roll of Fuji Acros 100 each from the Pentacon Six TL and the Lomo LC-A 120. I have places and subjects in mind, and will travel to get there. Weather forecast is fine as well ... Not too sure what'll come after that, though it'll definitely be less of a frenzy.

As for digital, not a lot is planned so far, but I'll take the GR with me while shooting film, that's a given. Tomorrow, I'll also carry the Canon IXUS 132 (an "ELPH" or similar in the States), a lowly P&S whose only virtue is its long zoom (224mm-e) - just for the hell of it.

Have fun!

Starting on Monday (for various reasons), I'll finally start scanning and posting images again - though it'll be quite a slow start since I need to get loads of rolls ready first (for scanning as well as for the archives).

M.

Got a new (to me) F5 and I'm gonna shoot the Budweiser Clydesdales who are in town for a promo event. I'll be shooting E-6 so here's hoping for some good shots.

Finished a couple of rolls of Cinevision from SixGates, 1 roll of Lomo Xpro and am finishing a Lomo 100. Also finished a 120 Fuji Slide film. I had 6 cameras running in parallel, total of 12 films to send to be developed... just need to find a lab that still does 35mm slides, 120 slides, 35mm B&W and 126.

Got a new (to me) F5 and I'm gonna shoot the Budweiser Clydesdales who are in town for a promo event. I'll be shooting E-6 so here's hoping for some good shots.
Sounds like a very interesting shoot, hopefully you are able to share a few of your favorites :)

The shoot with the Clydesdales is being processed. I used some old Velvia, so I don't have a lot of hope for it but we'll see.

F5006a.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
From my "new" F5 - Here's one of my dog....

F5001a.jpg

and here's one of the granddaughters - guarding her donut!

Both shot on HP5+, available light.

...as luck would have it, just got back some of the Clydesdales.... You can see a slight reddish cast in the sky which I hope to take out in post processing.
F5012.jpg

The lens is an old one, an AF Nikkor 24-120 D f 3.5 - 5.6. I like this as a "walking around" lens, it gives plenty of range and for outside it's not too slow for most work. I carry and SB800 in case I need fill flash - but I didn't use any on this shoot since I didn't want to startle the horses.

The lens is an old one, an AF Nikkor 24-120 D f 3.5 - 5.6. I like this as a "walking around" lens, it gives plenty of range and for outside it's not too slow for most work. I carry and SB800 in case I need fill flash - but I didn't use any on this shoot since I didn't want to startle the horses.
That's borderline hilarious - not because of you, mind, but because if you research that lens, the 24-120mm D is one of the most "hated" lenses online. So it must be pretty bad, eh? I would be inclined to question that if such results are possible ... Sometimes, pixel peeping really doesn't provide the whole truth. My take is that at least(!) on film, this lens is a decent performer when used competently on a solid platform (the F5 certainly qualifies). Now, I actually have that lens lying around (it came with my father's F50) - might be interesting to take it out for a spin on the F801s (a camera I still think was top of the pile when it hit the market). But it may have to wait a bit: At the moment, the cameras I reach for are older, fully mechanical beasts (Pentacon Six, Voigtländer Vitessa - and probably the Leica CL next).

M.

While I read the forums and online comments, I tend to place more trust in several local pros and the folks at the local camera store. They seemed to like the lens when was considering it. As mentioned, I've had that lens for quite a few years and I can't afford a better piece of glass just now, so I'm using it. I agree it's not as sharp as I'd like but that works well for portraits.

Back