What are your interests / hobbies besides of Photography / Video?

Oh Yes!!! We have 3 mediums and i make sure we split into teams, go off and get info from the spirits then swap locations then meet at the end and every time the info is more or less the same, names, jobs how they died etc. One place we do i have over a year period have had 8 mediums from all over the south of England and they have all come up with the same info from a place that only we have investigated. I have been pushed, poked, had stones thrown at me, I've heard groans, moans, a girl saying hello as clear as day, bangs, thumps, knocks, scraping, really loud foot steps running towards me and i have seen shadows of dead people and the ghost of a girl walking across the road at the place where i have had 8 mediums who all picked up on her (and others!). We have also caught voices on digital recorders. Most of the time we go to places that have never been investigated before which is great for me as if the mediums pick up on similar stuff that only i and the owner of the property know about then it's good validation.

We have a good laugh also as i have a great team.

Caught stuff on video but no photo's yet, well not ones where you can definitely say That's a ghost.

Video: YouTube - Ghost Hunt in Surrey Part1

Andy you kill me man, I wish I knew people like you in real life. I don't dabble in ghosthunting because I'm far too chicken but I do have a big interest in it, amongst other things.

PS. I have a wide, wide range of interests... but in the past few years I haven't had the chance to pursue very much. Just surviving work and part time study. My home is loaded with music instruments, surfboards, longboard skateboards, books, books and more books on a wide range of topics, DVDs, CDs, two cats and a dog, and now photography.

Will,
I also loved Archery for years. I loved the English Longbow. I still have 3 very old bows.
I tore my Archers Tendon and that ended that.
I miss it because it is so much like photography in the way you relax in the here and now with no internal interference.
Pout....love the image....

Traditional English War Bow archery, when my back isn't playing up.

Photo courtesy of my son.
2911298879_29ab432e36_b.jpg

A hobby I have been involved in for years is bowling. I've been bowling since I was about 15. I bowled in casual leagues and then I started bowling local tournaments. Last year I was averaging around 195 or so.

A new hobby that goes along with my photography is hiking. I really have taken to doing day hikes to waterfalls or overlooks from early spring to late fall.

A hobby that I started to get into but really haven't spent the time I'd like is stunt kite flying. The real problem is where I live, we either don't have wind, or we have wind over 20mph which is difficult to fly a kite in.

The latest hobby is Astronomy. Here I thought photography was expensive, boy was I wrong. I got into doing backyard astronomy when my girlfriend got me a 5" newtonian reflector telescope. I have since then picked up a 4" achromatic refractor telescope, another mount and all sorts of other accessories. I have more into astronomy than I do photography at this point, and I'm looking now to even getting a larger telescope.

Sorry I haven't posted for a while.... these are the pitfalls of being confined to a hospital bed.... hooked up to a drip... with a bout of influenza.... but I'm back at work now...lol.

As to hobbies.... I used to fence at County level when I was younger, and like Djarum I bowled a lot (was a national official and coach)... now days I get a lot of pleasure out of my collection of LOUD ties (mainly from the U.S.) and fine wines from France & Italy... I also go walking in Wales & the Lakes.... and doing a bit of bird watching when the wife and I get the chance of getting away from teaching for a few days...

Mal, I am so sorry to read about your recent hospital stay! That must have been a horrendous bout of influenza. Most of us, thankfully, don't know how truly terrible it can be. I am extremely relieved to know you are all better and hope you are really 100% now.

I'm laughing at the "LOUD ties (mainly from the U.S.) but still thinking about you in that hospital bed.

Andy you kill me man, I wish I knew people like you in real life. I don't dabble in ghosthunting because I'm far too chicken but I do have a big interest in it, amongst other things.

I'm with Traam: I from Hawaii originally and there are tons ot ghost stories and legends. I would not seek any myself...but I do believe something is out there....
Cheers,
Pete

For me my first love has always been the guitar. Was in a band thru my teens and twenties (60's and mid 70's), then I got married :tongue:
Im my had day I was an avid tennis player as well as golf.
Now I enjoy a good movie, a great meal and making havoc on my wife.....

Pete

Back