Film What camera and film combination are you using today?

Cerita

Veteran
Just thought I would start a conversation on this topic, I would love to know what everyone is shooting today (or these days).

I loaded up two cameras last night, the Nikon F80 with FP4 and the Canon ML35 or Super Sure Shot, I believe this was what it was called in NA, with some Kodak TMax 100, both haven't been used by me, so a first for both cameras.

Lightmancer

Legend
Real Name
Bill Palmer
This
A gentleman's EDC.jpg

Cerita

Veteran
The Minolta has a half used roll of HP5 , The OM2n a half shot roll of AGFA Vista 200 and the F100 has a couple frames of Superia 400 left in it. Got a roll of Lomography waiting for the F100.

It's nice to know I am not the only one who has a few cameras loaded up, and in various stages of how much film is used, and waiting to be used :). I just discovered I have a Minolta X-700 with a roll of something in there, and my Olympus MjuII has a half finished roll of Agfa Vista 200. I have to say I wish there were more rolls of film with 24 exposures instead of 36. I remember when I was growing up, 24 exposures was the norm in 35mm, or am I wrong?

Loading the OM-1 with Tmax 400. This will be new for me, as I've always used TriX when I wanted a fast film. I'm going to try it with my old Vivitar Series 1 70-210 Zoom, which I haul out every now and then, and then realize I can't hold it still enough. I'm hoping the faster film will help.
I always buy 24 exposure rolls. 36 seems like just a little too much, and I end up wasting shots at the end, just to finish the roll. They are a bit easier to load on the developer reel as well.

Bobitybob

Regular
Real Name
Bob
Didn't realise until I checked how many I have loaded :blush:

Leica R4 - Agfa Vista Plus 200
Leica R8 - Kodak WB400CN
Leica M6 - Kodak Double X
Canon A1 - Kodak Double X
Fuji GA645Zi - Lomography Color 400
Fuji GS645S - Lucky 200
Canon EOS 55 - Fujicolor Superia X-tra 400

All of theses are about half way through except for the Fujis which I have loaded in preparation for a trip to the Peak District next week :yahoo:

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Martin Connolly
I have Fuji Superia 400 in the Zorki 4, Rollei Retro s 400 in the Ricoh 5G, and Lomo 400 in the Smena 8m. All about half way through a roll of 36. I used the Smena for some garden photos last week ( in the brief glimpse we had of nice weather before the rain returned! )
I completely agree that 36 seems like a lot of shots to take before getting the film developed. I guess we are all used to seeing instant results a day's digital shooting.
Oh yes, forgot, next week I shall (weather permitting) load up my Olympus XA2 with Acros for some street shooting around Hereford city centre. I plan to get that roll developed asap.

Cerita

Veteran
Very nice! I just bought a Trip 35 myself, haven't put anything through it yet, waiting to buy a lens cover before I do. My version was made the year I was born, so a special camera :). What a cool keyboard in the background!

jssaraiva

Top Veteran
Real Name
José
Saw this thread only today. Wednesday was a holiday here and I went out with the Minoltas: 7sII and Autocord. Today was a Pentax day, with the new addition, the 35mm f3.5 on the MX and the 6x7 as company. Films were: Superia 200, Lomo CN400, Delta 100 and Portra 400 in this order.

Real Name
Matt
Put a roll of expired Ilford SFX 200 into the Fujifilm GS645S yesterday after finishing the Portra 400 in the P6. I don't have a suitable red filter - I'm using it as a rather special 200 ISO film (got it as part of a whole collection of rolls - it's not a film I'd buy myself).

Botched(!) a couple of shots of Polaroid Originals Colour again :rolleyes: - that film needs loads of light, it's definitely not a film for shadows and mixed light (but you *can* do beautiful highlight/spotlight stuff with it!).

M.

Cerita

Veteran
Botched(!) a couple of shots of Polaroid Originals Colour again :rolleyes: - that film needs loads of light, it's definitely not a film for shadows and mixed light (but you *can* do beautiful highlight/spotlight stuff with it!).

M.

I haven't shot any Polaroid since last year's trials, I had great plans to use my SX70 more often, but the price of the film and worrisome results prevents me doing so. Maybe this summer I might try again.

Cerita

Veteran
This week I have a roll of Kentmere 100 in the Olympus Mju II and Fuji 160n in my Fuji GA645Zi, with the wonky LCD screen, but Fuji's 120 rolls have a barcode which is great, the camera set it to 160. I like this camera and should use it more often.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom