What CSC is also very good for video?

Pelao

All-Pro
Name
Stephen
My kid is a good photographer, but takes video much more seriously. She is a very good editor, and has received some recognition for her work. I don't shoot video. I write and produce, but don't shoot. My cameras have unused video options.

I'd like to get her a new camera. She needs very good still quality, but video is critical. I'm happy to get something good that will last a few years. She's a teenager, but responsible (at least as far as I know)...

I was considering the E-PL5, as she could use my M4/3 lenses for stills (my wife now has the GF1). It's a bit more than I want to spend, but seems like a good camera.

If any of you are knowledgeable and willing to share ideas, I would appreciate your input.

the obvious candidates are the Panasonic GH series, which are more and more aimed at pleasing both photographers and (professional) video shooters. I don't know if they're too large and / or expensive though (seems GH3 is obviously too expensive)

+1 on the GH2. If you want something for half the cost yet pretty much as good, the GH1 hacked. An even lower cost option is the GF2 hacked. If you don't care about size though, I'd go with the GH1 over the GF2.

Back