Film What Film Cameras do you use?

Slowly I am writing my camera history with some of the photos shot on each of them on Perceptivelight, A photographers blog diary of photographic imagery, thoughts and ideas from W Australia The list is very long... and there is a huge gap as when I was in my teens my mother in a clean out binge threw out most of my early 35mm negatives and gave away my Dinky Toys and Tri-Ang Ships, UK members will remember these gems of die casting. Many of the negs were shots of the afore mentioned toys. I was away at college at the time and fortunatly had the medium format neg folder with me so some shots survived, it was most of the 35mm shots that were lost... I think my favorite film cameras of all were the Minolta Autocord, Canon FTb,AE1,A1 and a Pentax 6x7 which still gets a B&W film through it once a month or so. I don't wet print any more but developing film and scanning is quite a viable option.

Hello all, today's users were the Canon T-50 with a Vivitar 135mm CLOSE FOCUS lens also a Minolta Maxxum 5000 with a 35-105mm zoom was used in the garden. My "walk around" camera today was the little Minolta Repo, a 1/2 frame. The fixed lens is a 1:2.8/30 rokkor.

Since my Ricoh GR1s was signed by Daido Moriyama I retired it. The only film camera I have right now is a Pentax UC1 32mm f3.5
190209_1901494585179_1476143245_32204572_985353_n.jpg

Modified Mamiya Press

A rough and ready out of the camera jpeg of my modified Mamiya Press. The rangefinder and housing have been removed, the remains of the viewfinder built into a suitable housing fitted to the top of the cutdown body. The rear bellows extension arrangement has also been removed. It was designed for landscape work using zone focusing and hyperfocal distance setting where the rangefinder is redundant.

1010619.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barrie

I might replace the photograph tomorrow with a better one

A rough and ready out of the camera jpeg of my modified Mamiya Press. The rangefinder and housing have been removed, the remains of the viewfinder built into a suitable housing fitted to the top of the cutdown body. The rear bellows extension arrangement has also been removed. It was designed for landscape work using zone focusing and hyperfocal distance setting where the rangefinder is redundant.

1010619.JPG

Barrie

I might replace the photograph tomorrow with a better one

Magnificent machine!

omg where do I start ? lol. Baby Brownie when I was a kid...a Leica CL- a gift from my ex-husband about 1974 ish ? His lenses so when we split I pawned it :(. A Konica POP - shot hundreds of rolls with that camera-hexanon lens...since then a few slr's all second hand - 2 or 3 Minolta's including an X-700, an OM-1n, a Nikon F80, and lots of film compacts... too many to list but will attempt later. Oh I also have a Pentax Super Auto 110 cam with 3 kit lenses, A Viewmaster Stereo Camera. I'm in the process of learning how to scan negatives with an Epson V700 so hoping to do a lot more film soon. I have at least 6 other 35mm cams to test ....Also hoping to compile a list of 35mm compact cams that I have and have prints..regards image quality.

There would be different answers if the question was which Film cameras do you still own.

I have not shot a roll of film in over two years and I doubt if I ever will again, unless I go back to doing Pinhole or something funky like that. My last roll was shot using a Mamiya 330ƒ Professional. The negatives scan well so it was worth the effort.

Prior to that, maybe back two more years I shoot slide film using a Nikon F5, which I still own. I had a Pentax Spotmatic with a 35 mm, 50 mm and 85 mm sitting on the corner of my desk to make a nice retro artistic display.

The Pentax gear is stored away the Mamiya sits on my book shelf and the F5 hangs from a hook over the rest of my gear. Around my desk is a collection of slide rules that are way more retro and ultra funky.

I still have my slide rules from way back in college and if we count the amount of film cameras I have that would be a very large number, that could be split between will never see film again to the ones I want to shoot film with sometimes.
The first list is mostly very old roll and sheet film cameras of various formats(about 20) , followed by a wide collection of miniature cameras 16mm, Minox, APS and 110 types ( 25 or so), then we have vintage 35mm from Minotla, Leica, Contax, Robot, Kiev, Minox, Nikon ( about 18 ), a few digital ones Kodak DCS, Ricoh and Leica and finally on stereo camera. Still alive and shooting on occasion Nikon F, Nikon SP, Contax G2, Mamiya RZ, Fuji 680, Toyo 4X5 and 8x10

I have used everything from big Sinar, & Hasselblad, to my own Pentax, Edixa & Mamiya 35mm SLRs, plus assorted compacts. Just now I've only got a Pentax SFX, which is so modern that it even have autofocus ;-)! Must confess I seldom use it, but as it is the only full-format camera I have it is interesting to use the same lenses on the SFX, and the K-5.

My current line-up per this totem

P1050112.jpg

Bottom to top:
Canonet QL17L
Fuji Klasse S
Olympus XA

These are my current picks too and satisfy most of my needs...though I'm still focused on an M6 - then the Canonet and XA will be finding new homes. Also recently sold off the Olympus RC & mju-ii, as well as the Canon Prima Mini, as none suited me as elements of the totem do.

I've returned to my rangefinders the auto's are attractive, but it's my Canons, the III, the IIs2, my P and the Bessa R that get the most use; all are LTM. The Lenses are a combination Canon Nikkor, Jupiter, CZJ, and a Tesser.

Back