Film What FILM (!) photography related item did you buy this week?

phigmov

Top Veteran
Mar 23, 2015
Just arrived - almost thought it might be caught up in X-Mas mail purgatory for a week or two more

Nikon F. Body is in fantastic condition, viewfinder has plenty of dust and a line through it - I need to take it apart and see if I can clean it out a bit. Suspect its a bit of a mongrel, the name plate has some wear marks consistent with one of the photomic-style metering heads so I think this is a bit of a mix & match job.

Now I have an F, F2 & F3. Will keep an eye out for an F4 and F5 (although I have an F100 which is close in features in a more compact package). F6 is still v. pricey.

With a 50mm that came with my F2 earlier this year

BrianS

Hall of Famer
Apr 3, 2013
Just arrived - almost thought it might be caught up in X-Mas mail purgatory for a week or two more

Nikon F. Body is in fantastic condition, viewfinder has plenty of dust and a line through it - I need to take it apart and see if I can clean it out a bit. Suspect its a bit of a mongrel, the name plate has some wear marks consistent with one of the photomic-style metering heads so I think this is a bit of a mix & match job.
The finder: The line is possibly separation of the silver from glass on the prism. If the dust is showing up as black spots- could be the same. The body cap is an early one, probably from an early F body.

olli

Super Moderator Emeritus
Sep 28, 2010
Sofia, Bulgaria
olli
I bought my F2a in 1978, hard to believe- 42 Years ago!

It works great.
This one is from 1974 judging from the serial number but the head is more recent. I suspect it may have been serviced in the past given the condition it's in. At this stage it will probably outlast me.

BrianS

Hall of Famer
Apr 3, 2013
To use the 600 speed film in the SX-70: you can remove the Filter in front of the electric eye, the trim ring pries out. Then turn the L/D control one full stop to Darken. That makes up for the 2 F-Stop difference between 600 and the ISO 150 SX-70 film. For flash: you can use the Polaroid Telephoto lens and the 2350 "Polatronic Flash" with 600 film with the L/D control set 1 stop to Darken. The Lens engages a switch to change the "Follow-Focus" flash mode, effectively 1-FStop. I've shot a lot of 600 film through my SX70 Sonar.

Feb 6, 2015
Central Ohio, USA
Andrew
To use the 600 speed film in the SX-70: you can remove the Filter in front of the electric eye, the trim ring pries out. Then turn the L/D control one full stop to Darken. That makes up for the 2 F-Stop difference between 600 and the ISO 150 SX-70 film. For flash: you can use the Polaroid Telephoto lens and the 2350 "Polatronic Flash" with 600 film with the L/D control set 1 stop to Darken. The Lens engages a switch to change the "Follow-Focus" flash mode, effectively 1-FStop. I've shot a lot of 600 film through my SX70 Sonar.
Thanks for that info. Very informative and useful!!

William Lewis

Rookie
Feb 10, 2020
Hayward WI
William Lewis
Nikon F90x and a MB-10 to go with it.

No pics yet since I only pulled the trigger yesterday :) With luck I'll be able to burn some Fuji next weekend during the Birke ski race here in town.

William Lewis

Rookie
Feb 10, 2020
Hayward WI
William Lewis
Nikon F90x and a MB-10 to go with it.

No pics yet since I only pulled the trigger yesterday :) With luck I'll be able to burn some Fuji next weekend during the Birke ski race here in town.
Got it today. Nice feeling hunk of well made camera. I think I'm going to enjoy this one quite a bit. Dug out the developing kit, loaded a roll of Arista.edu ultra 100 @ ISO200 and we're off and running.

Attachments

Latest threads

Top Bottom