Film What FILM (!) photography related item did you buy this week?

Today, the G 50mm f/4 for my Mamiya 6 MF arrived - it's in very nice condition, though the (dedicated) hood is missing, but it's actually possible to (at least) fit the one from the 75mm, albeit with more finder blockage than with the original one. The lens is only slightly bigger than the 75mm; the camera stays collapsible. I'm already shopping for a nice UV filter (the one that came with it looks like your basic window pane ...). Looking through the viewfinder beats every other RF experience I've had so far - even the wonderful one from the Zeiss Ikon ZM. I hope I can finish a roll or two this week, but it'll be a while before the images get developed ...

M.

Here's my Praktica from Christmas 1977. All original, from the leatherette to the light seals, it is in excellent shape. I have somehow managed to hold onto all of the literature I got with the camera for 40+ years. The Flek, however, just arrived today. Just playing around with it in the house, it has a very close MFD. Looking forward to getting out there with the combination, although we are forecast for near 100% chance of rain Saturday. I may go out in the woods, anyway.

100_2566.JPG

100_2568.JPG

Picked up a nice XA2. I've always found the XA to be little too fiddly for a point and shoot, the XA2 makes everything simple.
XA2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ran through a roll of EDU100 for a test, developed in D76 1:1. It needs light seals, but otherwise seems fine.

Kind of a dull and dreary day, just wandered around the yard, taking random snaps.
Hanging pot, waiting for flowers:
XA2Pot.jpg

Dogwood Flowers:
XA2Dogwood.jpg

Regards,
BV

Honestly they are not worth the money. My Diana F is better. It just for fun, otherwise I use a GB Kershaw 450 and a Bronica ETRSi for more "serious" pictures.

I'm just intrigued by the fact that one can buy a "new" camera for under $50. But I agree that it's most probably nothing but a toy. Interesting what you say about the Diana F, though - it's not the first time I read about it being better than the Holga ... Shame the glass lens is no longer available ...

M.

Picked up a nice XA2. I've always found the XA to be little too fiddly for a point and shoot, the XA2 makes everything simple.

My feelings exactly. Even if the XA is more (and can do more) than a point and shoot, its operation requires very precise hands and eyes. I believe I shared it somewhere around here. Pretty happy with the XA2 :2thumbs:

Got an old (obviously) Kodak instamatic (or however it is spelt) and 2 cartridges of expired 126. Which may be sacrificed to load fresh 35mm film.

Mamiya 645 Pro TL with 80/2.8. Even comes with a few rolls of Portra 160. :)
Great choice; it's the 645 I'd pick. In fact, it's been hard (well, somewhat - since I'm not in the market for one) not to pounce lately - there are two local offers, and have been online for a while, one with the 55-110mm zoom and one with the 150mm f/3.5 leaf shutter lens ... Anyhow, you've got yours! Have fun!

I stumbled upon a Leica AF-C1. Nothing fancy in spite of the name - a rebranded Minolta, in fact. But it's got an interesting lens arrangement - 40mm f/2.8, built-in 2x tele converter, so you also get a 80mm f/5.6, and its design is pleasantly utilitarian. Seems ideal for street shooting. Let's see if it's usable. I got it for a song, so if it doesn't work out, no harm done.

M.

Just couldn't help myself. I still have issues with its cousin, the EC I bought several months back but at least I can now use the lenses on the Bronica S...

Hen4BLFOlowzZztXyfCfmM1xcnDspR-xz77f7bsmEPyt6DWLlp32tVBwd1TPVCGJ8ZQ97AwlqmKYO-wPI=w1356-h1019-no.jpg

Nikon 24-85mm AF-D - the f2.8 w/ Macro capability. I've heard good things about this and finally found one for a bargain price. Will shift the 28-105 thats been glued to the D700 to my F100. Got my eye on a bargain 28-200mm next. Some good deals on early Nikon AF glass to be had if you don't need the latest and greatest.

w1tspqaonijedzy3jvhsjo3natnplkoxudhypips_hquf1k5_co0oetyzvi8b_f6ynbia4-w1447-h1084-no-jpg.539501.jpg

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Bronica ETRSi kit I just bought on eBay. It pretty much mirrors the kit I sold in 2000 when I jumped to digital. It consists of the body, metered finder, 50, 75, 150 and 250 lenses, a Polaroid back and 2 120 backs.
Next I have to buy developing tanks and a changing bag to replace the stuff I gave away. It will never end

Back