Film What FILM (!) photography related item did you buy this week?

A Pentacon Six TL in very good nick with Biometar 80mm f/2.8, Flektogon 50mm f/4 and a Schneider Xenar 135mm f/3.5 on a bellows. The camera is actually quite comfortable to hold and shoot - but we'll see how I click with the lenses (I bought the set for a very good price - and may or may not find a use for the 135mm; I'm looking forward to using the 50mm, though - extremely so, in fact).

M.

I know it looks crazy, as I wasn't planning on buying anything any time soon after acquiring the Pentacon Six, but I cam across my actual dream camera with one of my actual dream lenses mounted; here goes:
full.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Which means that I'm now on the hunt for a 35mm M mount lens :/

On the other hand, my desire for a Leica M is - gone ... Feels good.

M.

Medium format reversal film:
P2021086a.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Three rolls of Velvia 50, five rolls of Velvia 100, and five rolls of extinct-in-the-wild Provia 400X. They are all expired but they have supposedly been kept cold. The freezer compartment of my bar fridge is now my film vault.

I was much more enthusiastic :)

Here's a full list, because it's fun, but it also shows what I'm up to:
- A late, non-radioactive Pentacon Biometar 80mm f/2.8 MC (multi-coated) - my current lens isn't just emitting, but also slightly damaged (the rear element has a visible mark in the centre).
- An eyecup for the Pentacon Six standard prism
- A TTL prism for Kiev 60, adaptable to Pentacon Six - got a very good deal on that one :D
- the adapter for the Kiev prism
- the battery adapter and correction lens for the Kiev prism - may not be necessary, but both pieces are cheap enough
- body cap and lens rear caps for Pentacon Six and lenses
oh, and
- a Leica Elmar 50mm f/2.8 (the last collapsable model that was produced)

The Pentacon Six setup is more or less complete (though I may get an additional body because there's a couple of them available for little money). As for the M setup, I might get a 28mm at some point in time, but no rush. The Elmar makes an already small kit sublimely slim and most probably pocketable (the ZM actually fits into a large-ish jacket pocket with the Voigtländer 35mm attached, but the bulge is a bit too big for my liking; the body alone is fine).

M.

It's getting hilarious. Word of my camera fixation has gone around. A friend of my father's insisted on selling me *his* dad's camera. I couldn't refuse - so now also own a Voigtländer Vitessa (II); it's the cheaper model with the 50mm f/3.5 Color-Skopar - but what an intriguing camera. I'll get into this a bit more once I've shot a roll with it ...

EDIT: Some imagery (click for bigger versions):
1298-e7efac7f56c8cda6d871d8ce32ad8235.jpg
1299-0f54250c85b0ef7785ca4330c27744ce.jpg

The "snorkel" is actually the spring-driven fast film advance mechanism - not elegant, but very functional. The camera is extremely quick to deploy, has a coupled rangefinder with a decently bright viewfinder and a symmetric folding mechanism ("barn doors"). Peculiar, but quite compelling in use - very sturdily build and well thought out.

M.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back