Film What FILM (!) photography related item did you buy this week?

Here is the Mamiya RB, it has a motorised back. The focusing screen is amazing! Now to find a manual on how to use the back, so far I have figured out it takes 4 AA batteries and it does wind when turned on. Also need to figure out the shutter when the mirror lock-up, a bit confused :unsure:

Edit: No longer confused, it's very simple and best done with a cable and I managed to find a manual for the motorised back, which can also be used manually. I have wound on film manually and so far it works just fine, no need for the 4AA batteries that just add to the weight.

View attachment 148498

Last edited by a moderator:
After playing with the F100 before I sent it back, my auto focus platforms will be digital. I am looking for a F1 new to go with the F1n on the way. My FE2 is more than capable of holding down the Nikon end of things unless I slip up on a F3 with my name on it, and that will be all, I promise.

I blew my weekly photography budget on a 40.5 - 52 mm step up ring so I could use a reversed Rodenstock Rodagon enlarging lens on my D3200 for some macro work.

Okay a change in my luck maybe. I got my F1 up and running thanks to a pro on FM who shot them for years. I thought I had cleaned everything but I didn't get the meter switch apparently. ran a little dental floss in there, switched it back a forth four or five times and the meter came to life. He told me it wasn't broken but probably just dirty. These old pros know there stuff. Thanks Tony.

One issue i'm having with the split focus screen is at infinity the image doesn't quite come together. Close focus is good, but infinity will not quite line up. I have a 50 1.8 and a 28 2.8, both do the same thing.

I almost completed the M mount setup with - a Leica M4-P :D Nice condition, really nicely priced. It hasn't been used for a long time, so may still need a CLA (with emphasis on the "L"), but I'll run a film through it to really find out. After a couple dozen shutter releases, most shutter speeds worked as expected, even the slow ones. Already put the 50mm Elmar (the collapsible lens) on it - since they were actually made for one another, a fabulous combo. I plan on getting another lens to replace a broken one, then I'm done hunting ...

On the way out, the seller mentioned he had a lot of old Minolta bodies too. I was allowed to browse the lot and landed another nice body: a SRT 303 in very nice, fully working condition; he threw in the 50mm f/1.7 more or less for free ... ;) Since I got my hands on the fabled 50mm f/1.4 MD (the last issue), I can't wait to put a film through this one as well ...

Rounding out my kits took a bit of planning and deliberation, but it was lots of fun. Back to shooting ... and hopefully, a bit more sanity ...

M.

Picked up a NICE 35mm f2 this weekend via Craigslist. Came attached to a Silver FM2 with a dented prism, anyone shopping for a working FM2 which needs work? :)

Here is the second beast, but experiencing a ranger finder for the first time has me absolutely in LOVE, oh gosh it's so much easier to focus with!!!! This is ahem, a big camera LOL! In great condition, now to load some Portra 160 and take those 8 shots :). This must be an older version as it has no front shutter lock or have I missed something?

View attachment 148520

Here is the second beast, but experiencing a ranger finder for the first time has me absolutely in LOVE, oh gosh it's so much easier to focus with!!!! This is ahem, a big camera LOL! In great condition, now to load some Portra 160 and take those 8 shots :). This must be an older version as it has no front shutter lock or have I missed something?

Heres mine - difficult to make out but it does have the front shutter lock...

p8aElbeunwvYw5my-XajB79Bhwdborcih47-ZAbXUROgbXaBbNx2mBrt3yXauKdD5heFMy2XDaj70mCzvFdGUDID=s899-no.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

After selling my Pentax 645, I've been buying a few smaller items: two backs for the Bronica S2A, an Olympus XA3 and a Nikon F90X I've run into at a good price.

Ok, ok, ok, I need my head examined, like SERIOUSLY EXAMINED! I just clicked buy-it-now on a Mamiya 645 AF on Ebay. :coco: But what's that saying there are worse things in life...?? My husband will think I have really gone nuts. Although, yesterday he helped me figure how to use the motorized back on my RB67, I thought I had it figured out but there is a glitch, it works but just not how I thought it was supposed to. I managed to take 7 shots with it so far. He's an engineer, so I am sure it was a small little challenge in his day ;).

Back