Film What FILM (!) photography related item did you buy this week?

Just bought 2 rolls of Ultrafine 100 and 8 rolls of ultrafine 400 in 120 for my Voigtlander Perkeo II, My Ikonta 530/2, and my Mamiya 645 pro tl. I evaluated some of this earlier and really liked the images, so, since it worked out to $4,12/roll (with shipping), I decided to load up on it.

Didn't buy this, given to me by my dad who has a collection of cameras which I didn't know about!!! Pays to ask sometimes LOL, I thought he had given up on photography years ago, turns out he had actually bought various point and shoots over the years, including this much sought after one. I was just about to plonk down 150 bucks on one last month, instinct told me not to...

I have loaded it up with Agfa Vista 200.

View attachment 148676

I also haven't bought anything - but I got back my two Leica CLs, the Kodak Retina IIa and two lenses (the Leica Summicron-C 40mm f/2 - the lens I thought gone! - and another old warrior that had been infirm for a while, the Nikon 50mm f/1.8 Ai-S) from CLA/repair. Apart from the fact that the second, outwardly almost pristine CL has a shot meter (water damage - totally corroded electronics; previous owner didn't know about that, but that's another story), everything is working great again - including the 40mm that I considered beyond repair! The CL mentioned has been restored mechanically and fully cleaned - no meter, but fully working otherwise. I'm very happy :)

M.

Didn't buy this, given to me by my dad who has a collection of cameras which I didn't know about!!! Pays to ask sometimes LOL, I thought he had given up on photography years ago, turns out he had actually bought various point and shoots over the years, including this much sought after one. I was just about to plonk down 150 bucks on one last month, instinct told me not to...

Good score! I'm amazed these little things are starting to eclipse their digital brethren in price.

You'd be hard pressed to find a full-frame camera with such a nice lens in such a compact form-factor.
Weather-proof too I believe (at least my mju II is).

Good score! I'm amazed these little things are starting to eclipse their digital brethren in price.

You'd be hard pressed to find a full-frame camera with such a nice lens in such a compact form-factor.
Weather-proof too I believe (at least my mju II is).

Yes, it's the same, weather proof, compact, and no fuss. The viewfinder is surprisingly bright and the frame lines are well marked. The only complaint I have is I wish there was a flash on/off button, instead of having to remember to turn it off every time the camera is turned on. It's a sweet little camera and I look forward to using it daily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I didn't buy this , but kind a gent gave it to me on completion of a job I did for him. I used a Nikonos 111 when I used to dive. This Nikonos-v is in perfect condition. I might have to dust off the mask and fins again. Photo taken on HP5 pushed to 800.
img448.jpg

Well I didn't buy this , but kind a gent gave it to me on completion of a job I did for him. I used a Nikonos 111 when I used to dive. This Nikonos-v is in perfect condition. I might have to dust off the mask and fins again. Photo taken on HP5 pushed to 800.
View attachment 2331
Lovely - and I think I see a pattern here - some folks practically beg me to take over their old gear ...

M.

View attachment 2331

Nice!

What are these like to use? Are they metal or plastic ? Is that a grip or winder on the front ? How well do they work out of water (is the lens any good) ?

I'm not sure, but I don't think I've announced this acquistion:
_1010695.jpg

I've had the FM3a for a while, the recent addition is the Neptune lens set by Lomography. Interesting concept, nicely executed. I'm in half a mind to shoot this throughout January ... FiJ alongside SiJ (Single in January); it's freshly loaded with Delta 400 ... But I'm not yet entirely sure; it could get a bit too much of a burden to force both challenges on myself at once. But frankly, I'm shooting both analog and film on most days as it is, so it may not be that much of an additional obligation anyway ...

M.

Just bought 3 rolls of Lomography 800 ISO color film in expectations of shooting in low light around Christmas. My problem is that I now have 5 film cameras each with half-used rolls in them. Which one to use up first so I can try the 800? I suspect the X700 but maybe the Zorki....dilemma!

Back