Film What FILM (!) photography related item did you buy this week?

My latest acquisition from a local Camera Fair. A Canon EOS 55 in black, unusual in the UK as according to the Canon Museum site this model was only sold in Japan. It came with the grip, a QD data back and a panorama function that is in the instruction I have downloaded but is not listed on the Canon site. Either way, not bad for £30.

IMG_0008.JPG

Oh it's a lovely camera. I have one too, and really like it but need to figure out how to turn off the date/time imprint on the negative, so I don't need to crop or use removal in LR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honour to the demise of Agfa Vista Plus and to illustrate the intriguing Panorama feature of my new EOS 55 a couple of photos of before and after processing.

CANON EOS 55-1000016.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

CANON EOS 55-1000016-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I presume before Digital Darkroom software you would have take the negative back to the lab and got them to do the crop and enlargement for printing. Interesting result but of course easily reproduced now without in camera blinds or however it masks the top and bottom of the photo.

Very nice Bob. I'm going to snag a few rolls of Vista Plus before it's totally gone. Got a roll of 200 loaded in my Om2n now. On another note I picked up a B focusing screen for my Canon T90 and I think it just saved it from the for sale bin . I had the four way cross screen and it was just to busy for me. The B screen is the new split screen that seems brighter than the standard E.

I've just won an auction for a Minolta Vectis S-1 with the 25-150 zoom....for 99p! At that price, even with only expired APS film available, it must be worth trying out.

I have my sister's Vectis-100 with the same zoom, I should finish off the roll that is in it. I do have an expired roll as well, but it was never kept in the cool so not sure if it's worth it or not. I do like the camera though, great viewfinder and light-weight.

Very nice Bob. I'm going to snag a few rolls of Vista Plus before it's totally gone. Got a roll of 200 loaded in my Om2n now. On another note I picked up a B focusing screen for my Canon T90 and I think it just saved it from the for sale bin . I had the four way cross screen and it was just to busy for me. The B screen is the new split screen that seems brighter than the standard E.

Thanks for your kind comment.

I like Agfa Vista and it's saturated colours, didn't realise it was Fuji C200 until around 12 mounts ago but it's main advantage over the Fuji version was that In the UK it could be had for £1 for 24 exposures, at one of the chains of 'thrift' stores. Couldn't resist, and although I've used a load I still have around 50 in the freezer, glad I stocked up when I did.

The Minolta X-570 returned from Garrys Camera this past Saturday. I attached the winder, NOS Minolta strap (ebay) and the 45mm f2 and shot two rolls through it on Sunday, awaiting results :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just won an auction for a Minolta Vectis S-1 with the 25-150 zoom....for 99p! At that price, even with only expired APS film available, it must be worth trying out.
It arrived this morning. The body is a bit scratched in places but it's pretty good for the money :) I took it out in the garden for a few shots. The zoom range is very nice and the viewfinder not bad at all. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Purchased a Nikon N90S from eBay this week, hopefully, it will be here shortly. Ordered a 35-70 F/ 3.3-4.5 Nikkor lens for the 90s today. :)

Lost all my gear a month ago in a home fire, so going to have to start slowly rebuilding.
Need film.... hmm.

I wasn't aware that the Fuji X-E3 did take film ;)

I concur about the E-PL7 though which was a truely pleasant surprise (terribly positioned by marketing, quite the performer in real life). For what it's worth, there's a "What photography related did you buy this week?" thread somewhere ...

For the record: I'm really *not* trying to play thought police around here (since this is the my second time today "correcting" someone's choice of board). I'm as confused as anyone - and as excited to encounter fresh content and people :) I'm just trying to prevent more confusion ...

And btw. If I hadn't just chosen Sony FE as a base for my adapted legacy glass, the X-Pro2 and X-E3 would be constantly at the back of my mind - very desirable cameras for people who adore the RF gestalt.

M.

Wanting a smaller bag for my Xpro2 and mounted 23 or 50 I bought the Billingham 72. already owning a couple of their bags I knew the quality was there. I also like the fact there is no rain jacket to fiddle with when the weather gets bad.
Billinghams will happily spend all day in the rain and keep the gear inside dry. So i picked it up this morning and was delighted to find it a comfortable fit for my xpro2 with 23 fitted and 50 in the bottom. As long as i removed the massive chunk of foam in the bottom and replaced with the divider (slightly thinner) Oh and the camera is wearing a half case and rope strap. Now the main reason I went for the 72 was the belt loop. Easier for the amount of walking I do. I have shoulder problems at the moment and don't want to make them any worse. Trouble is imo the belt loop is next to useless . It's stitched onto the bag too low down.
consequently its always trying to fall away from you and is not at all comfortable. It can be used along with the strap, but thats not how I envisaged using it. No denying the quality Billingham but a rubbish belt loop position has rained on my parade :boohoo: 6/10 .
An expensive purchase just to chuck in the cupboard , but thats where its going until my shoulder gets better. If it ever does !

Back