Film What FILM (!) photography related item did you buy this week?

A Nikkormat EL (that enables aperture priority auto-exposure with non AI glass!)with the previously mentioned Nikkor-O 35mm f/2 non AI:

Love that old Nikkor glass! Thousands and thousands of years from now, archaeologists are going to wonder what we used to drink from those cups & why the measurement markings were horizontal instead of vertical.

Last edited:
I won a Pentax K1000 on eBay last week. Luckily it came in the mail quickly and I had it by the weekend to try a roll of film. I won't get the prints and negatives back for another week though. It looks like it is in pretty good shape minus a missing cover for the exposure counter.

This is my first film camera since I had a point and shoot 20 years ago, so hopefully things turn out.

Pentax K1000-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I won a Pentax K1000 on eBay last week. Luckily it came in the mail quickly and I had it by the weekend to try a roll of film. I won't get the prints and negatives back for another week though. It looks like it is in pretty good shape minus a missing cover for the exposure counter.

This is my first film camera since I had a point and shoot 20 years ago, so hopefully things turn out.

View attachment 180257
I owned that camera over 20 years ago - great value, you'll love it. I'm a bit more adventurous right now - a FED3 with Industar 53mm f/2.8 is coming my way (I'm actually after the lens - the camera comes attached to it ... :)).

M.

Received the prism viewer for my Bronica, more Fuji 120 slide film, the 35mm ektachrome roll, ordered a couple of 35mm rolls (cinestill I think) and won a 35mm roll.
Still waiting for the Bronica grip and 2 Six Gate Film rolls to be developped.
Ordered 2 mugs with pictures from slides, one mouse matt (composition of 2 slides 1 negative).
Now tempted to order from eBay a couple of 35mm Kodachrome 64 (even though they can only be Xprocessed in BW slide), and what about the new Polaroid Spectra film from the ex-Impossible Project?

[QUOTE="what about the new Polaroid Spectra film from the ex-Impossible Project?][/QUOTE]

I did order a pack a few months ago, I wasn't very happy with it as it's wasn't the new film I think. I hesitate to order another as it's quite expensive for Canada. Also, my spectra camera has a few issues I think.

[QUOTE="what about the new Polaroid Spectra film from the ex-Impossible Project?]

I did order a pack a few months ago, I wasn't very happy with it as it's wasn't the new film I think. I hesitate to order another as it's quite expensive for Canada. Also, my spectra camera has a few issues I think.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure I order the new emulsion.
I found 2 expired packs of original Polaroid and Impossible Project.
I may just wait a bit then as the prices seems to be stable here.

Jose, I have my eye on a F4 :), with original battery chamber. How heavy is this camera really without the various winders? Thanks!

It really is a nice camera and I do recommend it. :) The standard camera weights 1,090g (38.4 oz.), which is less than a F5. Using it with a lightweight prime, like a 50/1.8 or 35/2 is fine. I don’t have a problem carrying it with a cross body strap, but on the backpack it is noticeable.

It really is a nice camera and I do recommend it. :) The standard camera weights 1,090g (38.4 oz.), which is less than a F5. Using it with a lightweight prime, like a 50/1.8 or 35/2 is fine. I don’t have a problem carrying it with a cross body strap, but on the backpack it is noticeable.

Thanks, I think I will buy one while the prices are still reasonable.

Jose, I have my eye on a F4 :), with original battery chamber. How heavy is this camera really without the various winders? Thanks!
Just my 2 cents. The F100 has faster auto focus and full compatibility with G and VR lens, and will take AI and AIS lens as well, all in a smaller snappier handling package. I shopped them side by side and the F100 was an easy choice. Good luck.

Something much more pedestrian, but in a good way: I picked up my b&w development kit today - so, since I also attended a workshop on this subject a couple of weeks ago, I'm now ready and able to do my own development at home. In the long run, that'll save a lot of money - and time on the road because I no longer need to drop off my (b&w) rolls. I'm also looking into colour development for that reason - if I can solve the temperature issue, I'll probably do that as well.

Next step: Get in my favourite carpenter to help me design a workspace for enlargement in my less-than-spacious bathroom :D Got a very helpful tip on that from my workshop teacher today as well - it should actually work out.

M.

Something much more pedestrian, but in a good way: I picked up my b&w development kit today - so, since I also attended a workshop on this subject a couple of weeks ago, I'm now ready and able to do my own development at home. In the long run, that'll save a lot of money - and time on the road because I no longer need to drop off my (b&w) rolls. I'm also looking into colour development for that reason - if I can solve the temperature issue, I'll probably do that as well.

Next step: Get in my favourite carpenter to help me design a workspace for enlargement in my less-than-spacious bathroom :D Got a very helpful tip on that from my workshop teacher today as well - it should actually work out.

M.

Sounds lovely Matt! I am feeling more and more inclined towards doing this myself, especially after every roll of C-41 that comes back from the lab, has scratches! I have tried various labs, and no pleasure! The temperature issue does scare me quite a bit, apparently a sous vide is helpful :).

Sounds lovely Matt! I am feeling more and more inclined towards doing this myself, especially after every roll of C-41 that comes back from the lab, has scratches! I have tried various labs, and no pleasure! The temperature issue does scare me quite a bit, apparently a sous vide is helpful :).
Just researching this ... I'm thinking of putting together a warm water bath to keep the chemistry under control ... but the heater's not something you can get at every corner, apparently.

M.

I tell you, seek and you shall find! I was going to be buy a F4 off Ebay, then I happened to look locally and there was one in great condition at the right price. I picked it up today, heavy but beautiful camera and oh that viewfinder is divine, and finally dials and no menus!
That's a Beauty Cerita and I hear you on the dials. I love my Fuji's. The thing is with Nikons is I shot so many of them their menu system is second nature to me. That and the fact the F100 felt exactly like my D300 and D700.
Can't wait to see some pics out of the F4. Congratulations on a very nice find.

That's a Beauty Cerita and I hear you on the dials. I love my Fuji's. The thing is with Nikons is I shot so many of them their menu system is second nature to me. That and the fact the F100 felt exactly like my D300 and D700.
Can't wait to see some pics out of the F4. Congratulations on a very nice find.

Thanks Tim! The F100 was an option, but quite expensive on Ebay I found and none to be found locally, is why I had opted for a F80 as a "walk about SLR". I do like the Nikon cameras. Years ago when I wasn't interested in photography, my husband owned an EM, which I did shoot on occasion and was terrible at, as it was MF and was an aperture priority camera. Glad to have Nikons back now :).

Back