Film What FILM (!) photography related item did you buy this week?

Lol, Good luck with that. looks neat but I wouldn't know where to start.

LOL! I managed to get all of the corrosion off, and the contacts look good but I will now have to test with new batteries. It's a neat camera and apparently is "special" because the viewfinder is Zeiss Icon made, and the viewfinder and rangefinder are one. I believe earlier models had them separate.

Speaking of Minolta, it is fast becoming my favorite film machine. The Maxxum 7 could turn me back into a pure film shooter. This thing is amazing. just need to gather the glass and will have a lifetime kit.

I did some further reading about this Dynax 7, it is very, very impressive! So many features are so advanced for the time, like metadata for the rolls of film one shot, which can be downloaded to a media card via a "mini" computer attachment they made for it, it attaches to the lens mount. Very neat! Also, rewinding a roll mid-roll, and then reloading it and jumping to the next unexposed frame, now this is awesome! One could change rolls constantly, just like backs on some MF cameras! Impressed!

I did some further reading about this Dynax 7, it is very, very impressive! So many features are so advanced for the time, like metadata for the rolls of film one shot, which can be downloaded to a media card via a "mini" computer attachment they made for it, it attaches to the lens mount. Very neat! Also, rewinding a roll mid-roll, and then reloading it and jumping to the next unexposed frame, now this is awesome! One could change rolls constantly, just like backs on some MF cameras!
Cerita it is an amazing camera. Minolta did their home work on this one.

I got his beauty in the post today from Japan, saw this at a good price on Tuesday and gosh nothing beats the Japanese EMS service, it was today!!! It's in excellent condition, but slightly tacky which I believe is a issue with Minolta cameras from the past (so I have read). It's as Tim described, small, light and handles very nicely, and it's sophisticated!

View attachment 183013

The only camera size missing from my MF collection is a 6x6, so I have been thinking about the Mamiya 6. The new MF version is beyond my budget, I mean $2600 for one is a bit too much for me. I am interested in getting a vintage foldable Mamiya 6, does anyone have one? If yes, would you like to comment on it? They are hard to find in good condition, which is not surprising considering the age in which they were built.

The only camera size missing from my MF collection is a 6x6, so I have been thinking about the Mamiya 6. The new MF version is beyond my budget, I mean $2600 for one is a bit too much for me. I am interested in getting a vintage foldable Mamiya 6, does anyone have one? If yes, would you like to comment on it? They are hard to find in good condition, which is not surprising considering the age in which they were built.
Or there are plenty of German folding cameras around for a lot less money. My Agfa Isolette II cost me very little and it seems like a pretty capable camera.

Back