Film What FILM (!) photography related item did you buy this week?

This little grip has changed my outlook on carrying my FM2n. Found it on eBay and snapped it up. It was over priced but already I can tell it's worth it. Excuse my desk, It is repair seasoned.
IMG_20190920_173517-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just arrived - almost thought it might be caught up in X-Mas mail purgatory for a week or two more

Nikon F. Body is in fantastic condition, viewfinder has plenty of dust and a line through it - I need to take it apart and see if I can clean it out a bit. Suspect its a bit of a mongrel, the name plate has some wear marks consistent with one of the photomic-style metering heads so I think this is a bit of a mix & match job.

Now I have an F, F2 & F3. Will keep an eye out for an F4 and F5 (although I have an F100 which is close in features in a more compact package). F6 is still v. pricey.

J5OXNKThpSyvvlVdXoseZLm4Nfr-7kMA4hZXAssteEaX9NUrnxrF3lYfHq9kqfHJwHu1bXLlqnU5dOVPt4RTdaQxLpR5Kr8s_YOGgiytZHWjkK9W37SLbSg-dxjygx7kMUyf2ZggROxsrXrg93zg9LElXzU38PJ-O7AoT1gB0lpxsOgYkKyXRm_O0JVpyiVJU6Rql4FaVzxZHmZYb6qu-cqwWBoIm6UF7TEItxIfd3tr2RVF_J_WP2D1UEQe75SIK9L_ehO-SVm3TsLMMpaMc7hzkSbC79h006UQuiAbJm5W__-4xNj-7kkJn9wVSJIAgEjfAe2LqP8p7rywymeTcbrnBup5yKnl6iRmDuklScs4TSqLccAov228Z-wV12AXKUAdcTn2dNuVDGbVcBSRI5sAVJEGgDaaBIdH9gtF4GwGIiqleaNks3rlPQy3dCyxmpiUcLn5GaYui8C3rkcgi3Ypel8rGfiKcDE3wwZLoC7pBG31jnkP0HiMGSEzCCZ0GwoLqEWp2_EpQCR7PqYinw-fxr3gIu60Dh_f0e7_HzJdyFRWXzAVvRrMyv-K01HKwkE7CY_3TBLu8e_7KJFoeHGQzd5KnecOW4GWzfHMHM47RyTdFoMll1m9gwgRGMhHbzqiBcmiBeRlH9wlBdFWqcvA3THH6jhi6sCtquTg_PLp12pLaPXOqiUTmFSymygcebZTRPbLTdk0TdBG1w-sDzBodoWUWxN-JcsyzyfClO8G7X8e=w868-h651-no

With a 50mm that came with my F2 earlier this year

uqMmnWModQBI34a001_wJTvQ_h_IZ8cP0ucud3ybHBvNdRpOs49ojNCLZDPQjUjw-eNFAULEY4CE3IYlO9miJwI43eUpPwSLk5rleYo-hyB2M-ML48TB_8Z5Roa91_57gG2Qoq6uevE2TPsbq2l283y7fVp7fbDSXPsNirxK_KH43gU_yV4RjnfiIcYOAYDPG2N8ZnMZMxd-6KUVTe9hZ-fNIXS2CDTWxTtGb5uuqKlSoLH6cAHO_-6C3uo1337f8q-6pGctVRvXm_Yf_kLn4YfTda2Io0OF2zftiuu7GnVpAQQ458IhYs2HYxBaZ8uu1ss8CO7byLTeHtXUFRgAo0VA1hh3B1TEB6H-WH7Lq_pfZwMGz5euDm4IbY3Ou2MrL5XjIAaGxlFdO0VWmMZJneA3MDwQDPLszxbAev7744T6F68ls2ZlICqIVYjKMp67uPMmK5NWY9pfYyT35LI5z9KxAo8dDi8Invh-au8TMDMpj6FiLu2_KsQ7asLbcJMrpDr0J1IDJWwveNkfgrhY52h4FnYDcgKhuMisMjwgZ-uX-XbinHyAGyOpsHbwlIyaW1ckqQVSqw-pH3clOY57MnCMlhtP-W0tu4n99p-zxcNCFy_BheuKMOsOy1kFdBpcvBM23Rh0NBWgwBX40Oz79EObpHTp6QDXp8X7ymXILjcSmmo1QcqRqftAHGNpCcdaPx4AlKJ1oHZgp-Ng277Le0BOO-o_O51u0iS5Nnn0RBwup2Qk=w868-h651-no

Just arrived - almost thought it might be caught up in X-Mas mail purgatory for a week or two more

Nikon F. Body is in fantastic condition, viewfinder has plenty of dust and a line through it - I need to take it apart and see if I can clean it out a bit. Suspect its a bit of a mongrel, the name plate has some wear marks consistent with one of the photomic-style metering heads so I think this is a bit of a mix & match job.

The finder: The line is possibly separation of the silver from glass on the prism. If the dust is showing up as black spots- could be the same. The body cap is an early one, probably from an early F body.

I bought my F2a in 1978, hard to believe- 42 Years ago!

It works great.
This one is from 1974 judging from the serial number but the head is more recent. I suspect it may have been serviced in the past given the condition it's in. At this stage it will probably outlast me.

To use the 600 speed film in the SX-70: you can remove the Filter in front of the electric eye, the trim ring pries out. Then turn the L/D control one full stop to Darken. That makes up for the 2 F-Stop difference between 600 and the ISO 150 SX-70 film. For flash: you can use the Polaroid Telephoto lens and the 2350 "Polatronic Flash" with 600 film with the L/D control set 1 stop to Darken. The Lens engages a switch to change the "Follow-Focus" flash mode, effectively 1-FStop. I've shot a lot of 600 film through my SX70 Sonar.

To use the 600 speed film in the SX-70: you can remove the Filter in front of the electric eye, the trim ring pries out. Then turn the L/D control one full stop to Darken. That makes up for the 2 F-Stop difference between 600 and the ISO 150 SX-70 film. For flash: you can use the Polaroid Telephoto lens and the 2350 "Polatronic Flash" with 600 film with the L/D control set 1 stop to Darken. The Lens engages a switch to change the "Follow-Focus" flash mode, effectively 1-FStop. I've shot a lot of 600 film through my SX70 Sonar.

Thanks for that info. Very informative and useful!!

Nikon F90x and a MB-10 to go with it.

No pics yet since I only pulled the trigger yesterday :) With luck I'll be able to burn some Fuji next weekend during the Birke ski race here in town.

Got it today. Nice feeling hunk of well made camera. I think I'm going to enjoy this one quite a bit. Dug out the developing kit, loaded a roll of Arista.edu ultra 100 @ ISO200 and we're off and running.

Attachments

• 20200219_110826 copy.jpg
    20200219_110826 copy.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 145
That's a camera I've felt serious GAS for myself. But since I own a Mamiya 6 MF, it's not really filling a niche. Pity, in a way ...

M.

I was actually after a Mamiya 6 :) But it is a scarce camera around here and the two that were in the market were not in a nice shape. I don’t mind the 6x4.5 format, but for a daily carry camera, the Mamiya is more compact with the recessed lens. I bought the Bronica as a second choice, but I’m quite enjoying it and the 4 additional frames are a great increase. I usually print 20x25 cm both formats would have waste anyway. I’ll try to avoid thinking further about the Mamiya...

I was actually after a Mamiya 6 :) But it is a scarce camera around here and the two that were in the market were not in a nice shape. I don’t mind the 6x4.5 format, but for a daily carry camera, the Mamiya is more compact with the recessed lens. I bought the Bronica as a second choice, but I’m quite enjoying it and the 4 additional frames are a great increase. I usually print 20x25 both formats would have waste anyways, I’ll try to avoid thinking about the Mamiya...
Part of having GAS is craving the things you don't have. Oftentimes, just using what you have is a very nice cure ...

btw. I also have a Fuji GS645S - 6x4.5 has its advantages. But, without any second thoughts, the Mamiya plays in a completely different league - the Fuji's rangefinder doesn't even come close, and the Mamiya lenses outshine the already very good 60mm f/4 ... Having read about the RF645, I think it's the best of its kind (i.e. 6x4.5 rangefinder), bar none ...

M.

This late 90's Pentax is actually the first film camera I have purchased in....many decades. I bought it for a variety of reasons - partly influenced by a handful of good friends and fellow photographers who live in the same small Oregon town I do, who for years have been preaching the joys of film shooting - partly because there is and was a part of me that is (and was) nostalgic for the old Pentax SLR's (first Spotmatics, later MX's) that I shot with for many, many years before our modern digital ages --- and partly because, when I saw the design of this particular Pentax, it really appealed to me.

In spite of its all-plastic body - and not necessarily because of its AF capabilities - though to be honest back in the film days, I never EVER shot with an autofocus camera (okay, well...for years they didn't exist and then for subsequent years the early AF models were either hideously expensive or laughably unreliable) - but this time around, the idea rather intrigued me---

Especially because I have an older Pentax AF lens (the venerable-but-extremely-cool FA 50mm f/1.7, mounted here on my MZ-3) which seems just perfect for this new-old-body.

Here's what it looks like---

MZ-3_#3.jpg

Here is a 'head-on' view---

MZ-3_#2.jpg

And another angle when seen from on top and behind---

MZ-3_#4.jpg

Just loaded up a roll (of Fujfilm 800 color negative stock) ... and am curious to see what the camera will produce and how my now-digitally-converted-brain-and-eye will react to what it does ;)

Technically I didn't buy it - but I discovered it gathering dust atop a remote bookshelf and opened the case....to discover one of my all-time favorite old film cameras that I haven't seen, let alone used, for years. My old and beloved Rollei 35, which was my pocketable-take-everywhere-with-me camera over more than a decade....and has been sitting unused for at least another decade. I'm planning to rectify that, soon.

PenF_Day8_Old_Friends_AnalEfex.jpg

Cross-posted from the April 2020 Challenge.

X-Posted from the GAS thread... Picked up a second Nikon F locally - previous one was from Japan and it worked fine but the seller didn't mention the stuck prism head (not really a big deal but it would be nice to clean it out). This one is in better nick, prism comes off as it should and only has a bit of cosmetic wear to it.

49986754481_bc95543e7b_o.jpg
_6090053 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Back