What game are you playing or looking forward to play?

They just officially announce Oct 17th, 2024 the new Call of Duty Black Ops 6 by Treyarch.

Yeah, pre ordered that! New movement system lets you sprint in any direction (no longer just forward) and a few other goodies.

Just hoping that the multiplayer is more grounded and they don’t go off the rails and try to be like Fortnite or similar games that the current iteration of COD has fallen into.
Please please please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE P L E A S E don't pre order games, any games and all games. Make sure the game is actually working, functional and playable before you give them any money. Especially scummy ones like Activision.
No announcement of an Xbox handheld (though more rumor mill stoking by Xbox exec Phil Spencer). I don't like being patient, as I'd buy a handheld and test it out to see if it could replace my Steam Deck. Oh well, I guess I'll keep waiting.
I would risk to guess is that Microsoft is trying to see what cards Nintendo and Valve has with Switch 2 and Steam Deck 2. Late this year (Microsoft likes to make big announcements in October) or spring next year.

Yeah, the new COD has the "always online" requirement even for the single player campaign. That's an instant turn off from me.
Not that I've played any COD since the first Modern Warfare, I think.

They're claiming it is needed for texture streaming.......while it will already take up a massive 300GB

Please please please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE P L E A S E don't pre order games, any games and all games. Make sure the game is actually working, functional and playable before you give them any money. Especially scummy ones like Activision.

I would risk to guess is that Microsoft is trying to see what cards Nintendo and Valve has with Switch 2 and Steam Deck 2. Late this year (Microsoft likes to make big announcements in October) or spring next year.

treyarch has a good track record, so that does not concern me a ton regarding a non-functional game. I've given more money to Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns and the risk there are far more than a game pre-order.

I'll take a few at launch bugs over the constantly nerfing that Sledgehammer is doing on MW right now.

Yes, good advice. It seems many companies now are just hauling out games too early. I remember when Cyberpunk 2077 came out, so many had problem to play that over-hyped game. Took many months before they fixed so every platform could enjoy it. Better to wait it out a little I guess, play your old games a bit more during the wait :)

I've been burned over a couple of Kickstarter board games in the past. Worst were Robotech RPG Tactics by Palladium Books and Street Fighter the Board Game.

Palladium stringed along the backers for several years, claiming they were working on releasing all the over-promised stuff , until "suddenly the money ran out".
They effed it up by over-ordering the number base game boxes. Sales tanked hard after people found out the quality of the miniatures.
They were legally obliged to pay refunds according to the KS terms of service at the time, but they only offered more miniatures from the first batch as compensation...
F*CK palladium books and Kevin Siembieda for crapping on my childhood nostalgia with their greed.

What angers me even more is that they recently had another successfully funded KS campaign for a reprint/remaster of one of their ancient RPG series.
I'm sure the "As long as we get our share we just don't care" principle is the only reason why Kickstarter still allows Palladium to operate on their platform -_-

Robotech - Attack on the SDF-1 is a much cooler board game, created by Strange Machine Games after Palladium lost the license.
A friend 3D-printed the player characters for me a while back and we were discussing printing a couple of the mechs figurines to replace the cardboard ones.

Street Fighter Kickstarter took ages to complete, than demanded more money for international shipping, and the VAT would be make it a horribly expensive.
At least they gave out 75% refunds. From what I gathered the game itself sucked, but the figurines were pretty cool.

I have learned a few lessons about pre-ordering the hard way, unfortunately:

*Asus ZenBook Pro Duo 15 inch (first gen), where Asus and reviewers claimed that the RAM is accessible and upgradable but it was not and I am stuck with 16GB, they didn't specify what TDP the graphics card was and only later after launch did they come out saying that the RTX 2060 is not the full laptop version (105W) but the power restricted 85 W and after years of using it the GPU never got hotter thn 65° C so it wasn't a thermal limitation reason for crippling the GPU.
I still pre-order the laptop 2 months before the September launch because I really wanted the OLED screen for the amazing IQ and it was the only laptop that had touch screen AND active Stylus input for editing which I used heavily for the first 3 years.

*The only games I pre-order was via Limited Run because I wanted the Collectors for Command & Conquer Remastered (my first ever RTS game I played) and Doom Eternal (I REALLY wanted the Doom Helmet ... Ironically that I had to sell it a year later).

The only game I would ever pre-order would be Homeworld Remastered and Homeworld 3 for the Collectors Edition with and for the Mothership model but I missed my chance on that and now they are selling for hundreds of £ on evilBay.

I only ever supported a Kickstarter campaign for Waterbear Cleaning Sticker that I use almost every day, for their asking price it wasn't much of a loss if it didn't pan out BUT I did do my research and made sure that the company has had successful launches and good customer relationship before I committed.

Last game I pre-ordered was that clusterf*ck that was Silent Hunter 5. We all know how Ubisoft killed off that franchise by forcing it out the door way too early and with all that DRM crap.
Installed it once, tried to play, deleted it, stuck it back in the tin where it has resided for the last 14 or so years.

Last edited:
Remedy Games continued being awesome by announcing and then immediately releasing the first DLC for Alan Wake 2, and when I took a look to see what it would cost, I saw that the digital premium edition which includes the two planned DLC packs was on sale, and it instantly upgraded my version to unlock the DLC. I am playing through the game for the second time on the "Final Draft" setting, which will add a new ending when I finally reach it, as well as some other small new things I have come across along the way. I've completed the part of the story set in the Twin Peaks-esque town of Bright Falls and its surrounds, and now just have to finish threading my way through the darkness of Alan's subconscious/the Dark Place to find whatever new information is waiting for me. However, I stopped to take in the contents of a television screen and found myself launched into one of the episodes of Night Springs, the DLC. So I guess I'll be playing that now.

I've been burned over a couple of Kickstarter board games in the past. Worst were Robotech RPG Tactics by Palladium Books and Street Fighter the Board Game.

Palladium stringed along the backers for several years, claiming they were working on releasing all the over-promised stuff , until "suddenly the money ran out".
They effed it up by over-ordering the number base game boxes. Sales tanked hard after people found out the quality of the miniatures.
They were legally obliged to pay refunds according to the KS terms of service at the time, but they only offered more miniatures from the first batch as compensation...
F*CK palladium books and Kevin Siembieda for crapping on my childhood nostalgia with their greed.

What angers me even more is that they recently had another successfully funded KS campaign for a reprint/remaster of one of their ancient RPG series.
I'm sure the "As long as we get our share we just don't care" principle is the only reason why Kickstarter still allows Palladium to operate on their platform -_-

Robotech - Attack on the SDF-1 is a much cooler board game, created by Strange Machine Games after Palladium lost the license.
A friend 3D-printed the player characters for me a while back and we were discussing printing a couple of the mechs figurines to replace the cardboard ones.

Street Fighter Kickstarter took ages to complete, than demanded more money for international shipping, and the VAT would be make it a horribly expensive.
At least they gave out 75% refunds. From what I gathered the game itself sucked, but the figurines were pretty cool.

Sounds a lot like Jollylook Cameras projects on kickstarter. They start a project, have issues, then start another project to get funding to finish up the prior project. So far I’ve known that they have done this 3 times.

It’s a dangerous slope to be going down, eventually the masses will catch on and there will be one project that will crash and burn the whole house of cards down.

I'm really late to the party but my current time waster is Starfield on the X-Box.

Typically I'm not a game player and tend to find a game once or twice a year to blow off steam. For some reason Starfield caught my attention a few weeks ago and it's now turning into a borderline obsession to collect a complete set of every type of space suit and related gear. 👀 So far I can't see myself going through Unity for NG+, maybe some point in the future when there's really nothing left at all to hold my interest.

On a purely technical level, I'm still amazed at the quality of graphics of modern games. From somebody who was exited as a kid by a pong game hooked up to my B&W TV using a set of paddles to control the ball, stepping away from games for a period of time and then jumping back into something like Starfield still makes my inner-geek happy.

Finally finished Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition last week, so on to Bayonetta. Oops, died in the prologue during a countdown sequence after watching long cutscenes. I don't feel like rewatching the cutscenes right away, so let's try something easier for now. How about Metroid Dread? GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER. GAME OVER.

Fun tho. Kinda like old-school NES or arcade style. The difficulty adds to the mood and tension. It does feel more like puzzle game at times, you must try over and over and over (and over and over and over) to find the solution to overcome the obstacle. It is quite linear though, much more like Metroid Fusion than Super Metroid, including the mission briefings. But unlike Fusion, it is much more cryptic and doesn't tell you exactly where to go, so there is some sense of discovery. I appreciate that they try to make a different Metroid, and not bother to try to top Super Metroid, which cannot be topped (the #1 game of all time). Metroid Prime was already Super Metroid + System Shock and that experience is hard to top as well.

Sounds a lot like Jollylook Cameras projects on kickstarter. They start a project, have issues, then start another project to get funding to finish up the prior project. So far I’ve known that they have done this 3 times.

It’s a dangerous slope to be going down, eventually the masses will catch on and there will be one project that will crash and burn the whole house of cards down.
Couple of board game studios have done the same, in a robbing Peter to pay Paul sort of way.
There are plenty of consistently performing companies on Kickstarter are Gamelyn and CoolMiniOrNot....who use KS as a glorified pre-order system. And they have a group of fanboys that will insta-buy anything anyway.
I've certainly got a lot of Tiny Epic games from Gamelyn and a metric F*CKton of Zombicide expansions from CMON.

Yesterday's game session wasn't spectacular.
We tried two games of Fox Matters, and couldn't really figure out how to actually win at this game. The limited number of the 'relief cards' and the randomness of the content made it hard to plan out the best strategy each round.
And those 2 minutes of the action phase really are gone very quickly, causing 'problems' to fester into bigger problems. So in neither case we could defeat the nightmare.

The Binding of Isaac was fun but 3 of us really weren't going anywhere. We were getting killed multiple times each round from monster effects, loot cards backfiring and items used by 4th player. Not to mention the excessively bad dice rolling.
We played for less than an hour and only 1 soul was collected before we had to call it quits for the evening.

At least I can get back to into Helldivers this evening 😅 ........oh wait...still have some 100 negatives to process from my week in Normandy.

Last edited:
Played a bit of Boltgun, Borderlands 3 and Helldivers 2 over the weekend.

Finally took the time to add the 'free' monthly games to my PS+ library. They were soooo interesting that I've already forgotten all of their titles, except for FC2024, which I apparently already own and never play. 😅

I completed the campaign on medium some time ago. I still go back to it every once in a while, trying to find al the secrets.
I'm still a big 90s Warhammer Fantasy/40K nerd ....a.k.a. OldHammer.

Looking forward to Space Marine 2. I wished they'd remaster the original for PS4/5, heck they should remaster WH40K Kill Team from back in the 2011 while they're at it!

Hmm, I forgot about Borderlands. Unfortunately not on GOG.

FPS always gave me motion sickness, but VSync and 30fps cap might be ok. I loved UT and UT2004 back in the day. And of course there was Perfect Dark...

Back