What game are you playing or looking forward to play?

My sun played the heck out of that game. Enjoy!

I was pleasantly surprised by the original game, and Below Zero is definitely more of the same :)

Managed to get the resources for the depth module for the Sea Truck now and as I take it deeper I'm starting to find magnetite and nickel ore.
Found the wreck of the Mercury II which had parts of the Prawn Suit in its cargo bay, but not enough of them so I could create one of my own yet.
And I've just build one of those fancy remote-control spy-robots.

Last edited:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/ho...incorporate-player-feedback-to-war-games-demo

The good news: the Devs acknowledge the potential of QC issues with UI, path finding and navigation controls so, hopefully, they will be fixed.
The bad news: the game is delayed from March to May to fix this and other things.

I would rather have a game delayed but cooked properly then releasing a buggy beta and claim/hope to fix it afterwards. We need more attitude like this in the industry and more demo/open beta testing for games.

Last night I restarted Alan Wake 2, the Final Draft. I had restarted the game once Final Draft was available but it has been a while so I figured why not start afresh. There have been a few updates and bug fixes since my last playthrough that are noticeable. Hoping I get enough time to work through the game storyline (I finished all of the collectables the first time, so no need to re-complete those threads, except inasmuch as they fit into the main story). Should be a quicker playthrough because of that (plus with the carryover of upgrades, I'm pretty powerful).

Got the Platinum trophy for completing Subnautica - Below Zero.
Getting into the Red Crystal Biome was 'fun', until I got the Perimeter Defense upgrade for the SeaTruck and I could zap those pesky Shadow Leviathans right off the hull.
I got stuck in the story progress for a while, after I walked right by some of the key story-items multiple times....like the Hydraulic Fluid Cannister.

The deep caves in Below Zero are much harder to navigate than those in the first Subnautica game, due to the limited range of view. Those Purple Crystal clusters all looked the same after a while.
The active sonar of the Cyclops would've come in handy moving around down there. I never got a proper feel for the layout of the place.

The ice shelf/basin (and hypothermia gimmick) were an interesting addition to the world, but they take away from the 'Subnautica' feel.... when half of the game takes place above water.

I felt the ending was a little too abrupt too.

The Pengwings were cool though. Don't pick up their young'uns unless you want to get attacked by the pack! 😅

I noticed there is an app you can use for Dashboard-control on various games, it is highly customizable! This example below is only a very basic info panel with no controls for MS Flight Sim. Really cool! Will try it now for Forza Horizon 5 😛

20240212_162810.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looking for the next video game to play, but haven't found anything that really tickles my fancy at the moment.
I've been trying to get my friends to try Among Us, but no takers so far.....it's only €2,39 in the PS-store at the moment :\

For Board Game Night we'll be playing Perdition's Mouth - Abyssal Rift again. A replay of the scenario we tried last week, which ended in tears. Mainly because one of the party members decided to wander off and got chewed on by a very large insectoid.

Played some Sea of Thieves with the old crew last night. The quality of life changes they've made continue to make the game easier and a little less time consuming.

I've been watching a playthrough video "Sea of Thieves" on "Neebs Gaming" YT channel. That looks like an fun game to play co-op with my friends. Have to wait a while longer before the Microsoft Exclusiveness wears off. But apparently that's on the way out now that MS is backing out of the Console Wars.

Perdition's Mouth was an interesting fight to rescue the victims and keep the Cultists from sounding the alarm. My brute-force fighter character bashed his way through several tough insectoids, allowing the other characters to move around more freely. I think we've got a better grasp on how to coordinate our actions and how manage our resources now.
Eventually the game ran out of enemies to throw at us, so we got to plunder the dungeon at will and rescue the remaining victims.
I think the party only gained 2 injury cards before the end. My character was hit by a blowgun dart from a Cultist Guard right at the start. I healed the wound but the injury left me with the Hallucinations card in my action deck.

Better result than last week where we had to restart the scenario twice.

Started playing one of my favourite game of all time: Kingdom Two Crowns
I love this game so much I bought it on Steam, MacOS, iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch.
The game mechanic is very simple and yet so addictive and fun. Currently I am playing on my Pixel 7 Pro and I'm doing the Norse Lands (DLC) campaign since I never actually finished that one (I finished all the others on all the difficulties). The Norse Lands are quite difficult as they have quite a few different mechanics and I had trouble adapting them, especially the huge crab monsters, they are very hard to deal with after the first winter.

1000013569.png

And to make things more interesting I made my flag The Eye of Sauron ... That's going to being out some luck :p

I can't wait to rebuy the physical game on Nintendo Switch. After an update now the game supports cross platform saves so I can pick up any game on any of my devices ... Neeeeeet :p

Back in 2001 I got a flight simulator called IL2 Sturmovik which at the time was said to be the most advanced flight simulator available for home pc. It was out of Russia. I spent a lot of time with it for a few years and you could fly it online with others on "servers" using a little program called Hyperlobby. It was for flying WWII aircraft, which i was always interested in since being a child when I saw Chuck Yeager do an airshow in my town with a P-51 Mustang. I ended up flying German aircraft in the sim and online, and got good enough that one month I was the top pilot flying it online out of over 4000 others, then I quit. That was about 17 years ago, and in retrospect I wish I had used the time I spent on that doing something in the real world.

I found a dashboard-app you can run on your phone/tablet and use for various games (or as a button-box for any application, I actually made a simple Lightroom control panel).

Check this out, am using my 10" tablet as dashboard in both SIM racing and flying, really cool!

View attachment 449394
SIM Dashboard by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr
Very cool. Wish this stuff had been available when I played games like Battle of Britain and Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe

I've started playing the Wintermute story mode in The Long Dark.....an older winter survival game where you crash your plane in the Canadian wilds.
Wintermute basically just adds extra story-driven objectives to the misery of Bears, Wolves, Blizzards, Hypothermia, Starvation, Illness, Sprains, Sleep Deprivation.
Playing it on 'beginner mode' there is a better chance of finding food and gear while searching, or coming across an animal carcass.

Just finished Chapter 2. Getting mauled by an old Bear in some frozen lake area and getting kicked out of my sanctuary after helping the guy back on his feet is a kick in the teeth.
I know there's a lake house nearby, maybe I can set up camp for a while there, do some ice fishing before I continue Northward....I really wish I had not left all my soda cans back at that hunters lodge, some 3 areas away,
getting tired of drinking toilet water. And what is up with that Aurora Borealis causing all the electronics to go haywire and the animals to glow green? :)

Refreshing compared to Subnautica that you don't have to build bases, but really have to live off the land.

Very cool. Wish this stuff had been available when I played games like Battle of Britain and Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe

I've started playing the Wintermute story mode in The Long Dark.....an older winter survival game where you crash your plane in the Canadian wilds.
Wintermute basically just adds extra story-driven objectives to the misery of Bears, Wolves, Blizzards, Hypothermia, Starvation, Illness, Sprains, Sleep Deprivation.
Playing it on 'beginner mode' there is a better chance of finding food and gear while searching, or coming across an animal carcass.

Just finished Chapter 2. Getting mauled by an old Bear in some frozen lake area and getting kicked out of my sanctuary after helping the guy back on his feet is a kick in the teeth.
I know there's a lake house nearby, maybe I can set up camp for a while there, do some ice fishing before I continue Northward....I really wish I had not left all my soda cans back at that hunters lodge, some 3 areas away,
getting tired of drinking toilet water. And what is up with that Aurora Borealis causing all the electronics to go haywire and the animals to glow green? :)

Refreshing compared to Subnautica that you don't have to build bases, but really have to live off the land.
I miss playing The Long Dark since it's release. I do wish they had a No Wolves option because it always broke my heart having to kill them when the game forced me into a confrontation with them. I always hated any part of a game that makes you kill doggies (looking at Call of Duty Modern Warfare with intense burning gaze).

I've been able to avoid it so far, mainly by not carrying uncured animal guts around when I didn't need to. Flares seems to ward them off pretty well and I've got a good stash of those.
I have killed a couple of rabbits for food in the game and that plot-armored "Old Bear". The character at least, sort of, 'apologizes' to the bear.

My wife and I have spent many, many hours playing Scrabble while listening to music. It is very interesting to look up the spelling and definitions of words during the game, and to learn new words. The Scrabble dictionary is interesting, and I have a "big gun" in a print volume of the Oxford English Dictionary which I got at an estate sale for $1 per volume !!! It is very interesting to look up the history of words in it.

oxford english dictionary.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Moved through the Hydro Dam during the electrical storm in The Long Dark ending the 2nd chapter proper.

Chapter 3 starts off playing as the other main character who you are trying to find in the first chapters. She was apparently rescued from the blizzard, near death, by a homesteader.
The story for me quickly resembled something like that movie Misery, where she was locked in the house, hobbling along on a sprained ankle, finding disturbing clues concerning the host's husband.
Combined with an eerie conversation that followed, I decided to get the heck out of Dodge after the scripted bits of the story played out.

The wolves in this area are a little more aggressive, but they still don't like gunshots, or flares, or having burning torches flung at them.

Back