Fuji What happened to the X100?

I love the X100, it is my most used camera, if others don't like it so what, it doesn't affect me. The only word of caution I would offer to potential buyers of secondhand X100s is that the warranty may not be transferable and the sticky aperture problem may appear at any time.

It's good to see so many still have, use and even love their X100s. I'm glad I finally gave in and got mine. I have really taken to it as it seems to be a camera that really suits me. I shoot with the OVF, turn off the LCD, and it really feels like the old fixed lens rangefinders that I fell in love with years ago.

I usually buy and sell about 15 cameras a year, I know, I have a problem!!!!!

The X100 has stayed the longest with me so far, it may succumb one day but not for a while yet, and that's saying something with me :)

I am in the process of selling my XZ-1 and Canon 1100D to recycle and get something new, not sure what model yet, but I love my research and it Keeps me off the streets lol but not from taking and looking t photos :)

Still have mine and using it regularly. The X100 and the X10 make wonderful set of imaging tools.
. . . David

Just picked up the X10 today. Finally chose the X10 over getting into a brand new system (Nikon 1). I'm planning to use the X10 and X100 as my new traveling combo. It'll be interesting to see if not having to worry about changing lenses will make things easier.

I actually dived into this forum just about the time I was getting one (even though I knew of its existence before my X100 days). It was the first "new" camera I bought in very long time (well, except Sigma DP-1 I got for my wife a few years ago). I had bought an already a bit old and used Ricoh GX-100 back in 2007 I think, and before that it was Canon 10D. So, even if we set aside all the idiosyncrasies of X100 (hybrid VF, etc), the advance in sensor technology alone was a pleasant surprise for me. Both 10D and X100 share the same APS-C size but the resulting images? There is about a decade gap between those two cameras and the images speak for themselves.

It is practically my only camera (no longer have GX-100 and no longer carry around 10D) and I think I enjoy it more than I expected. I am usually much prefer wider angles, so I was not 100% sure whether 35mm prime would work well with me, but once I held the camera I didn't seem to care at all :)

I do plan to use it consistently (well, I have nothing else that fits into my bag really). Once the SAB problem is fixed, that is. Sigh. Registered my repair request today.

Just picked up the X10 today. Finally chose the X10 over getting into a brand new system (Nikon 1). I'm planning to use the X10 and X100 as my new traveling combo. It'll be interesting to see if not having to worry about changing lenses will make things easier.

Armando, I will enjoy watching you do just these 2 cameras........:popcorm2:

Armando, I will enjoy watching you do just these 2 cameras........:popcorm2:

Thanks Don!

I've been meaning to post more photos and write some articles since the beginning of the year regarding the various cameras I have/had and the resulting photos. But I get lazy (and busy) and just end up commenting on gear more than photos!

Hoping to see some of your V1 photos soon!

Thanks Don!

I've been meaning to post more photos and write some articles since the beginning of the year regarding the various cameras I have/had and the resulting photos. But I get lazy (and busy) and just end up commenting on gear more than photos!

Hoping to see some of your V1 photos soon!

Who's V1 photos - did Shooter get a V1???? OK, Don, we're gonna have to meet for lunch or something one of these days. I still have to check out your GXR and now V1? And you can check out my humble X10....

-Ray

Oh yeah, that sounds right. Me and the V1.....
Nah.... I'm the father of the V1 shooter.....
Bethany has acquired in the last 10 days, V1...X10...Nex5n & prepaid for Nex7...GRD4.

I'm the GXR shooter.

BB, perhaps she & Armando have something in common.
She's sitting on around 11 cameras at the moment. I can't get nothing from her, well except the GXR system.
Hmmmmm, Armando calling me pop....
Hmmmmm?

LOL! I'll let you know if things don't work out in the current relationship! :)

However, shouldn't the couple getting married get a dowery from pop's, as opposed to using the M9 as a bride price? Bride price is not practiced in the US (as far as I know)! If it is, my folks got ripped off as they didn't get anything for my two older sisters' marriages. Bummer!

BB, perhaps she & Armando have something in common.
She's sitting on around 11 cameras at the moment. I can't get nothing from her, well except the GXR system.
Hmmmmm, Armando calling me pop....
Hmmmmm?

Back