News What have you done to the world Fuji?

I think Samsung is the dark horse of the camera industry. They are enormously powerful, their mirrorless lens line-up is second to none, and they are well-known to steadily improve their products until they are the best on the market (think about mobile phones or TVs).

I agree with Strat. Samsung can do what they want because they have the resources like Sony. The EX1 is a perfect example. I tried my friends and was really surprised at the camera. If they decide to go after Fuji, well, we'll all be using the Samsung EX100 before long.

I guess they will certainly be cool :cool:

It will be interesting to see whether anyone else can improve on the hybrid ovf/evf on the X100 - actually, I hope that Fuji work some more on this concept...

Cheers

Brian

If my refrigerator is anything to go by then their cameras should be pretty good too.
:rofl:

Yeah to be honest, I was sceptical at first. I mean I've had a few phones and presently a great LED TV from them. But cameras? Like Sony my prejudice is whether they can really do photographic since they're not dedicated to the task. Then again most manufacturers appear to have diversified their product range....even Ricoh makes a mean copier.

I'm with Brian, I want to see others outdo Fuji's hybrid VF, but also their 'analogue' controls. Then I will be sold!

Yeah to be honest, I was sceptical at first. I mean I've had a few phones and presently a great LED TV from them. But cameras? Like Sony my prejudice is whether they can really do photographic since they're not dedicated to the task.

Did you ever have a chance to handle any NX-series camera? They're wonderfully ergonomic. They feel like cameras designed by photographers, not by computer engineers. Their lens line-up also indicates that somebody deep inside Samsung's imaging division understands photographers' needs really well.

Did you ever have a chance to handle any NX-series camera? They're wonderfully ergonomic. They feel like cameras designed by photographers, not by computer engineers. Their lens line-up also indicates that somebody deep inside Samsung's imaging division understands photographers' need really well.
Well not yet! But if their market research continues, and they speak to the right people....who stress the importance of UI - including VFs and controls - and not more MPs ;) then I most certainly will. Oh yeah and then I'd want a wider lens range :blush:

Mark, Strat is very right about the Samsung lenses.
That kit zoom, I believe 20-50 or something is just about as good as it gets.
It's 1 beautiful lens. The NX body is a sleeper but when you use it....it's wide awake...

Mark, Strat is very right about the Samsung lenses.
That kit zoom, I believe 20-50 or something is just about as good as it gets.
It's 1 beautiful lens. The NX body is a sleeper but when you use it....it's wide awake...

Oh no, no, NO, Don has spoken. Only a matter of days after this last happened I bought me an X100. Help someone....plaaaaaaa-ease! :daz:

Kidding mate, best thing I could have ever done. Of course, I am now curious! DAMN! Again though, I want me a decent VF to go with any stellar glass. Well don't shake your head Don, coz you created the monster! ;)

Mark, no joking..fer a change. Samsung will be the one to watch in the near future. Look at the lens on the EX1 if only that. No Mark, don't look at it especially since the price is now affordable. Don't look Mark.....

:rofl:

Yeah to be honest, I was sceptical at first. I mean I've had a few phones and presently a great LED TV from them. But cameras? Like Sony my prejudice is whether they can really do photographic since they're not dedicated to the task. Then again most manufacturers appear to have diversified their product range....even Ricoh makes a mean copier.

I'm with Brian, I want to see others outdo Fuji's hybrid VF, but also their 'analogue' controls. Then I will be sold!

No slight against Samsung. I really like my fridge (although their stoarge media business is dead to me).

They're certainly not unqiue: Panasonic makes toaster ovens, Sony maked DVD players, Canon makes photocopiers...

I welcome my bland, megacorporation inspired future where one brand can meet all my consumer needs :rolleyes:

Back