Micro 4/3 What hood for Oly 45mm f1.8

First I ordered the JJC LH-40B: I can see no earthly way to get it on.

So then I ordered the actual Olympus LH-40B at considerably higher price: Again- no apparent way the hood can possibly fit this lens as far as I can see?!?!?!?

Apparently this hood does *NOT* fit the MICRO 4/3 lens.

So now what? 37mm screw in would work- but no lens cap?!?

I just ordered this one to try: http://www.amazon.com/Fotasy-LW37-3...19376&sr=1-3&keywords=37mm+screw+in+lens+hood

Thanks for any suggestions,

Steve

The one I have is the JJC LH-40B

On the lens itself you have to remove the bayonet ring that is attached to the lens. Take the front cap off, grab the ring on the end of the lens (front) and give it a firm twist and it will come off. You can then attach the hood.

Hope this helps.

Got a problem with your lens hood?

WHO YA GONNA CALL???? GHOSTBUSTER!!!

THANK YOU! I had absolutely NO CLUE there was a bayonet ring on that lens- OR that it was removable.

And what's funny is that if you go to Amazon and look at the reviews for the lens hood(s) for that lens- about 1/3 of the people agree, saying: "There is no way this lens hood is EVER going to fit this lens!" HA!!

Thanks again.

LOVE these forums and the nice folks who inhabit them.

Steve, to give you a headstart on the next Olympus mystery, when you buy either the 12/2 or 17/1.8 and can't get it to auto focus it is probably because the snap to focus ring has been moved. Not sure what trips up more people, that or the ring on the 45. I know they have both gotten me...

Steve, to give you a headstart on the next Olympus mystery, when you buy either the 12/2 or 17/1.8 and can't get it to auto focus it is probably because the snap to focus ring has been moved. Not sure what trips up more people, that or the ring on the 45. I know they have both gotten me...

A simple "MF" printed on the same ring as the focus distances wouldn't have gone astray on the Olympus lenses with the manual focusing clutch.

Back