What I (didn't) buy today

pdh

Legend
I woke up this morning and thought ... hmm I fancy a fixed-lens RF ... so I popped into the BHF charity shop on the offchance and there it was ... a Mamiya 35 with leather ever-ready case, and a fitted leather full case complete with two WestonMaster IV (plus cone), a miniature Kodak hotshoe lightmeter, and a selection of accessory lenses and filters ... the focus ring was extremely stiff, the winding lever felt sticky and (yes Barrie you will be pleased to know I had my glasses with me) when I peeked through the (50mm/2.8 Sekor) lens it was fairly fungused ... £30 ... didn't buy, don't reckon I'd have made a profit even flogging the bits off separately ... though I couldn't see one on eBay ... and who apart from Mr Sweeney would be able to service it?

there was also a Zenit, about which the most interesting thing as the 37mm lens ... never seen one of those before (M42 so adaptable to m43 but it was huge and a bit sticky) ...

hehe thanks all.
A slight shame it wasn't in better nick and cheaper, it's an "interesting" looking camera.
I suppose it's possible I will come upon an immaculate M3+Summilux ...

Anything is possible at a Thrift Store.

Leica III with Elmar
Leica IIIa with Summar
Rolleiflex V with Xenar
Rollei 35TE
--------------------
$60 total

Anything is possible at a Thrift Store.

Leica III with Elmar
Leica IIIa with Summar
Rolleiflex V with Xenar
Rollei 35TE
--------------------
$60 total

You have some serious upscale thrift stores. I've never seen that in all my outings. Saw two LTM bodies at an estate sale, once, but nothing ever in a garage or thrift store.

Good point, any thrift store around Chicagoland has a value scale and won't sell something like that so inexpensively. I've seen mink coats at the Salvation Army store, but not for five dollars.

Back