what I do with 17mm

Paul, I've been a studying and a looking at this for a good spell. I reckon Trig is in there but the geometry and color space over rides what I'm seeing. You've handled the subject very well.

Are you talking about the 17mm, Pete?

I've probably shot more with this lens in the past few weeks than the rest of the time I've had the camera put together (it came as the kit lens) . I've always thought it very underrated, but using it so much has led me to appreciate its shortcomings as well as its strengths.
I still really like to have it on the camera; it does broad contrasty subjects (objects) beautifully ... and stopped down a bit, is quite sharp enough for my needs. The colour fringing is a bit of a pain mind you.

6191100393_d22811ea32_b.jpg

The 17 is all that I have ever used on my E-PL1

Fantastic images! I'm currently contemplating selling my 17mm. I got a fair bit of use out of it when I first bought it late last year, but ever since I got a few native m4/3 wide-angle zooms it has remained on the shelf.

I've always liked the 17mm lens, I've used it much more than the pan 20mm. Beautiful shot Paul, you were certainly blessed with glorious weather on this trip.

Whoops, just saw your pics after I posted Lili, your cat is stunning.

Funnily enough Briar, this snap was taken after I got back from Cornwall - it's down on the Dorset coast looking across Ringstead Bay to Portland

Back