What in the World? Sigma dp Quattro!

I'm thinking Richard Franiec will solve this handholding issue:

12512458494_f9700f2714_z.jpg

I have never tried one of the Sigma DPs, but it is cool to see them make a radical design move. Look forward to seeing some results with it. Maybe will hit my want list, which unfortunately is unrealistic already...

Yeah... really makes it look a bit like a view camera, which of course it is really.

It is going to be hard to keep my card in its wallet.

Damn!

LouisB

Some info about the Quattro from Kazuto Yamaki, CEO of Sigma.

• RAW file size for the Quattro is larger than from the Merrills, around 55MB vs 45MB. Interesting since there are actually fewer photosites in the new sensor, around 30m instead of 45m, but the move to 14 bit must make a difference as well.
  • Battery capacity is roughly doubled, to around 200 pics per charge instead of 100.
  • High ISO is improved by about 1 stop.
  • Sigma will still support their DSLRs.
  • Sigma claims improved tonatily over the Merrill generation due to the 14 bit files.

CP+ 2014: Sigma interview - 'we have survived because we make unique products'

Some info about the Quattro from Kazuto Yamaki, CEO of Sigma.

• RAW file size for the Quattro is larger than from the Merrills, around 55MB vs 45MB. Interesting since there are actually fewer photosites in the new sensor, around 30m instead of 45m, but the move to 14 bit must make a difference as well.
    [*]Battery capacity is roughly doubled, to around 200 pics per charge instead of 100.
    [*]High ISO is improved by about 1 stop.
  • Sigma will still support their DSLRs.
  • Sigma claims improved tonatily over the Merrill generation due to the 14 bit files.

CP+ 2014: Sigma interview - 'we have survived because we make unique products'
Sounds like too little considering how limiting the Merrills are in this regard. Would have liked a 2 stops advantage and 300 shots per battery.

Does anyone know how the files will appear? What I mean by this is that the Merrills show a 15 megapixel image on screen but there is 45 megapixels worth of information in the image hence why they are so good. Will the quattro do the same or will it be a full 30 megapixel image on screen?

Back