What, is EVERYONE here?

What's the ownership like over here? Are they going to sell to a corporation that will reserve the right to use content on the next big multi-tentacled social media Elder God that emerges?
The owner is a giant sci-fi geek that drinks a lot of coffee, makes way too many movie & TV references, and considers a 'fuzzy dog' to be his best friend. Yeah, he's married, but best friend is still the fuzzy dog.

Oh, and he's a horrible business owner. Heck, shortly after buying Cameraderie he turned off all ads from being displayed and, some years later, has still "forgotten" to turn them back on. But on the plus side he is a Code Monkey so he likes tinkering with code (like the custom EXIF viewer used here and most of the widgets for the front page like the 'featured attachments' and stuff).

The owner is a giant sci-fi geek that drinks a lot of coffee, makes way too many movie & TV references, and considers a 'fuzzy dog' to be his best friend. Yeah, he's married, but best friend is still the fuzzy dog.

Oh, and he's a horrible business owner. Heck, shortly after buying Cameraderie he turned off all ads from being displayed and, some years later, has still "forgotten" to turn them back on. But on the plus side he is a Code Monkey so he likes tinkering with code (like the custom EXIF viewer used here and most of the widgets for the front page like the 'featured attachments' and stuff).

Sounds like my kind of place. Though cats rule, dogs drool. ;)

Is there a way to throw a few pennies at the owner?

Is there a way to throw a few pennies at the owner?
There are "subscriptions" available with similar amounts that Amin used at his sites in the past. All are very much appreciated as it goes to the coffee budget* ☕ but definitely isn't expected nor required. Since we don't have any ads there are few things available to the 'supporters' group like the "Ignore Thread" option and the extra EXIF viewer pop-up; if I recall there are some relaxed limits in a few places also but nothing major.

Before anybody adds a subscription though I'd suggest they hang out for a while and get a feel for the community to see if they like it since the subscriptions really are donations as opposed to a means of not being shown ads. 👍

There are "subscriptions" available with similar amounts that Amin used at his sites in the past. All are very much appreciated as it goes to the coffee budget* ☕ but definitely isn't expected nor required. Since we don't have any ads there are few things available to the 'supporters' group like the "Ignore Thread" option and the extra EXIF viewer pop-up; if I recall there are some relaxed limits in a few places also but nothing major.

Before anybody adds a subscription though I'd suggest they hang out for a while and get a feel for the community to see if they like it since the subscriptions really are donations as opposed to a means of not being shown ads. 👍
He is being modest. Cough up the money, folks. (rolling up sleeves)

Back