What is it Wednesday #90 and three quarters

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
Sorry for the delay, been a tad busy...!

Soooo, what is this? It shouldn't be hard...
20170505_173025~3.jpg

Each member gets one guess. The answer will be revealed on the following Tuesday. The first (or MOST) correct guess has the honour of submitting the image for the next challenge. Sometimes there will be more than one thing in the photo or more than one way to accurately describe what the photo represents. The original poster will be the final judge of who is "most correct".

some sort of kitchen gadget such as a processor or grinder? I think the smaller circle is static as is the outside edge of the larger circle, the movement comes from the bit in between? Looks like a faint thumb or finger print on the smaller circle where it has been pushed down?

Soooo... this proved harder than I thought. It's a "fidget spinner" - this particular one is mine and is made of brass. They are "spinning tops" and are intended as an adult toy of the desktop (or portable) variety. They are curiously addictive, and work a bit like a set of beads - something to fiddle with in boring meetings and the like. I've had mine for a couple of months and now they seem to be cropping up everywhere - on trains, in cafes and elsewhere.

Here's the whole thing:
20170510_091459.jpg

Although Luke was the first to spot movement I think the first to be near was SUSAN SANDE with "kids top toy", so we'll done Susan and over to you!

Back