Leica What is your camera bag(s) for your Leica?

I just typed in "canvas camera bag" and it came up top of the list for 29 bucks. The seller is kelly.chen0913
Visit the shop for lots of choices.
Hope that helps!

Found it...

Koolertron DSLR SLR Camera Canvas shoulder bag for Sony Canon Nikon Olympus BBK2 External Size 26x22x12 cm Inner Size 18.5x10x21cm : Koolertron.com

They pop up on ebay and listed on amazon.

like here:
Amazon.com: Koolertron Big Size DSLR SLR Camera Canvas shoulder bag for Sony Canon Nikon Olympus BBK4: Camera & Photo

Still thinking about it. I'm not too keen on the single stitch seems but for that price.....

I'm starting to get the I gotta have a Billingham Hadley Pro. The Billingham Combination bag I bought used is very nice but I'm finding its just not big enough sometimes. There are plenty of other bags but the weather proof Billingham keeps getting my attention.

I'm starting to get the I gotta have a Billingham Hadley Pro. The Billingham Combination bag I bought used is very nice but I'm finding its just not big enough sometimes. There are plenty of other bags but the weather proof Billingham keeps getting my attention.

That's disappointing to hear b/c I just ordered the Billingham Combo. Based on online reviews I was hoping to fit my M-E, an OMD EM-5 with full grip and at least two additional lens for each body into the main compartment of the combo bag.

My main bag is the Billingham Hadley Pro. However when I am in the minimalist mind set, it's a Billingham Hadley Digital, or for extended trips its the Billingham 703, but I really should get the 550.

So I just picked up they use in good condition ONA Bowery bag. So far, I think it just may become my daily. Last few outings I can fit my M8 w/ 50 lux, M9 w/35 lux (hood attached) and a 90mm summarit quite nicely without it feeling intrusive. I can pull out either camera easily and swap between them fairly quickly. External pockets for a couple batteries. Its the most compact bag I have now but the size and shape of the compartment is just perfect for the Ms. Not much else in addition to those two bodies can fit but small and bare bones kit was my intent.

Quality of materials and then the workmanship are first-rate. Strap is nice and wide and the attachment hardware swivels to prevent struck from getting all tangled up. The padding inside is more than adequate although it's not an insert as the bag was designed as an insert itself.

Highly recommended. ONA added three additional versions to choose from....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LeicaPlace mobile app

I have a small Leica bag that approximately fits my X Vario, but I have a M and Noctilux on order and would like a bag that "just fits camera with lens" with no extra space except for an extra battery. I'd like that new bag to be something I can take to social gatherings without looking like a photographer or a bum, if that's possible. I asked the people at Dale Photo but have no specifc recommendations so far. Thanks!

I have a small Leica bag that approximately fits my X Vario, but I have a M and Noctilux on order and would like a bag that "just fits camera with lens" with no extra space except for an extra battery. I'd like that new bag to be something I can take to social gatherings without looking like a photographer or a bum, if that's possible. I asked the people at Dale Photo but have no specifc recommendations so far. Thanks!

I recently came across a custom bag maker Porteen Gear. She has a couple different sized bags that may fit your needs.

Home - Porteen Gear

Those are reasonable prices- I spent as much on a used Nikon FB-11 bag.

My favorite all-time camera bag is the Nikon FB-5 for the Nikon F and F2. This has a metal plate with bayonet mounts for three lenses. Leica had a similar field bag with M-Mount bayonets: but not as nice as the Nikon case.

Those are reasonable prices- I spent as much on a used Nikon FB-11 bag.

My favorite all-time camera bag is the Nikon FB-5 for the Nikon F and F2. This has a metal plate with bayonet mounts for three lenses. Leica had a similar field bag with M-Mount bayonets: but not as nice as the Nikon case.

I've actually been quite happy with the latest Bare Bones Bag. I recently sold my Billingham Leica bag and bought the Billingham Hadley Pro but it has not gotten much use.

I went into Bournemouth a little while back just to browse the bags at Castle Cameras and ended up coming home with a Lowepro Stealth Reporter 100 discounted to £60. Brilliant little bag, honestly I don't know why they don't get mentioned more often, perhaps its because guys don't see them as RF bags or perhaps they are not trendy or something but it seems pretty near perfect for my system and as a man bag when its warm i.e. camera kit + phone + wallet etc.

For my D-LUX 6...

Leica-1_zps950b7091.jpg

I bought the Leica carrying case, which is wonderful, but was annoyed to find out that Leica did not offer an accessories pouch for the EVF. I bought the little accessories pouch from KAZA. I may buy another just to hold lens cloth etc.

I bought the Leica carrying case, which is wonderful, but was annoyed to find out that Leica did not offer an accessories pouch for the EVF. I bought the little accessories pouch from KAZA. I may buy another just to hold lens cloth etc.[/QUOTE]

There isn't even room for a battery in the 18727 case in the picture. I suppose that same little case would be good for a spare battery too?

Depending on how much gear I need to carry (and in no particular order):

Think Tank TurnStyle 20
Billingham Hadley Pro
Pacsafe Camsafe V16 sling
Tenba Discovery Large Photo/Laptop Daypack
Billingham 550

Anyone pick up or seen Billingham's new Hadley Large Pro? The Leica store in San Francisco was suppose to get them in several weeks ago but hasn't yet. I need a business appropriate looking bag that can fit an M6, M-E, lux 50, FLE 35, SEM 18, cron 75, filters / polarizers, 15" lap top, chargers and an accordian file. I'm thinking either the Eventer or the Hadley Large Pro but I haven't seen either in the flesh.

I used a Fogg bag for over 15 years. It can carry a body with 2-3 lenses. If I attached the pouch, it can carry an extra lens in it. Lately however, I've been using a Crumpler 5 bag if I need to carry a body w/ lens and an extra lens.It is smaller and lighter than the Fogg. If I carry a DSLR and my M body with lens, I will use my over 30 years old no brand name padded camera bag.

* Billingham Hadley (the older version classic)
* Fossil "man purse" (as some would say) with a 2 compartment domke insert. << Most commonly carried.
* Domke F6 ruggedwear for more stuff. (I would recommend canvas instead)

Lately, I've been getting more use out of a Ona Bowery.

Guys, what size of Billingham Hadley will you recommened? I have one body, and 3 lenses.

Dave, if your open to other Billingham bags (other than the Hadleys) I recommend the Leica Combo bag, which I own / use. The main compartment can hold an M body with a lens mounted and two additional lenses. I normally have any filters / polarizers in the outer compartment and there's till room for other things. When I go out with two M bodies (film and digital), I'll pack both in the main compartment (with lenses mounted) and put a third lens in the outer compartment. I attach two outer pouches for the filters and other items.

Back