Leica What is your camera bag(s) for your Leica?

Dave, if your open to other Billingham bags (other than the Hadleys) I recommend the Leica Combo bag, which I own / use. The main compartment can hold an M body with a lens mounted and two additional lenses. I normally have any filters / polarizers in the outer compartment and there's till room for other things. When I go out with two M bodies (film and digital), I'll pack both in the main compartment (with lenses mounted) and put a third lens in the outer compartment. I attach two outer pouches for the filters and other items.

Oh thanks, I'll check 'em out now.

Hadley Digital (the tiny one), room for the M Monochrom with lens mounted and one more lens next to it. Front pouch can hold a few batteries and filters. More than adequate, and very small and light.

Hadley Digital (the tiny one), room for the M Monochrom with lens mounted and one more lens next to it. Front pouch can hold a few batteries and filters. More than adequate, and very small and light.

Andrew, thanks. Definitely considering the Hadley line, and the one Mijo just recommended, the Leica Combination bag. For once in my life, I want to give my RF a new home. Hopefully.

Guys, what size of Billingham Hadley will you recommened? I have one body, and 3 lenses.

It depends.

If you have a Leica M body (or similar size camera) and three lenses, the regular size Hadley Pro is big enough. If you have a Nikon D800 with three zoom lenses, you will need the large Hadley Pro.

It depends.

If you have a Leica M body (or similar size camera) and three lenses, the regular size Hadley Pro is big enough. If you have a Nikon D800 with three zoom lenses, you will need the large Hadley Pro.

I'll be putting the RF in there and up to 3 lenses. The Hadley Pro is my first choice for the the Hadley lines. Color still undecided.

I have the tan Hadley Pro. I chose that color for hot weather use - when it's 85-95 degrees or hotter, I don't like having my camera and lens slow roasting in a dark color bag that absorbs heat.

You may consider one of these Hadley Pros to liven up the place:

http://www.pedlars.co.uk/bags/billingham-x-pedlars.html

billingham-hadley-pro-orange-blue1.jpg

I have both the Hadley Pro and Hadley Small in black and find I used them both depending on what I'm carrying or not carrying. Plus the inserts can be used in other bags if you want to change it up some more.

Guys, thanks again. I finally got my first Billingham, i got the Hadley small on black canvas. I almost got the other color (tan), but since this will be my EDC bag, i ended up with the black. I will relegate my Retrospective 5 as a backup. The Billingham is well made, quality all around. I'm a happy camper! Ironically, my MM is not with me for a few months (sent to Leica for repair).

Andrew wow! Let us know how you like it.

Will do. I won't see it until the 9th as I'm out-of-state on military duty. It should be big enough to carry my X Vario and either the M Monochrom and two lenses or the Nikon Df and one, plus all of the filters, charges and other necessities without looking like a big bag.

Will do. I won't see it until the 9th as I'm out-of-state on military duty. It should be big enough to carry my X Vario and either the M Monochrom and two lenses or the Nikon Df and one, plus all of the filters, charges and other necessities without looking like a big bag.

Looking forward.

My Hadley got soaked in heavy rain a while ago during a photoshoot session in a small town. Was shooting with the bread-n-butter D800E, but since the Hadley is my EDC bag, it was on my person during the shoot. It never felt heavy (carried it bandolier style). And enough water resistance to keep the inside dry!

I have a collection of Nikon field cases- FB-2, FB-3, FB-4, two FB-5's, FB-8, two FB-11's. The latter, even have the outer canvas cover for the leather case. Also have two leather Nikon RF Field cases.

I keep the Leica's in Nikon field cases bought over 20 years ago. Also use a Leica half-case for the cameras, and keep the M Monochrom in a Nikon CS-9 and the M9 in a CS-10.

Nikon fanatics will already have mental images, no need to post pictures...

I added Billingham's Eventer to my bag collection a few weeks ago, I've already used it on two business trips. The Eventer is able to hold; 15" work lap top (Dell), accordian file, M-E, M-6, SEM 18mm, 35mm FLE, 50mm Lux, 75mm cron, 1.25 magnifier, 18mm VF, universal polarizer, polarizer/ orange filter/ adapter for the SEM 18mm, yellow/ orange filter for E49, yellow / orange filter for E46, hard case for 10 rolls of film, cable release and an ipad2. This is not my EDC kit / bag, I only bring this for work trips.

My only compliant with the Eventer is that the Avea side pouches can't be used with it. I would have like to add the avea pouches for storing the filters, magnifier, VF and polarizers and save the front pockets for chargers. As it is, I have to pack all the chargers with my rolling suitcase (not a big deal).

I recently picked up a Tenba mini messenger bag ( http://www.amazon.com/Tenba-Mini-Messenger-Bag-Platinum/dp/B004AYD34C/ref=pd_sim_421_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0F2B8N7Y1R98R14ACWJW&dpID=41-FFH0gRBL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL320_SR320,320_ ) which is my new favorite bag for an M body and a couple of lenses and accessories. If you had to carry more lenses and limited your accessories, this bag could carry four extra lenses with a fifth lens mounted on the camera (if your back and shoulder is up to carrying the weight of all that gear). There are two larger versions of this bag that Tenba offers if you need more room.

These bags are well thought out and designed IMHO. There is one drawback, though. The way the top flap of the bag is made will not be waterproof in a driving rain storm. If you take that issue into consideration and plan accordingly (as in bring a plastic bag to cover the camera bag if it is going to rain), you will be good to go.

Back