Fuji What kind of bag are you carrying all your cool Fuji equipment in?

I do have a bit of an issue with these sling-type bags... All the ones I have looked at are designed for right-handers...

Maxpedition makes a Gearslinger line of excellent sling bags, and they make left-hander versions denoted by the "S-Type" designation. Not specifically designed for cameras but I've used a couple Maxpedition bags quite effectively with appropriate inserts. For example the Sitka is a nice size for a full mirrorless kit and has plenty of organization options:

Sitka Gearslinger

Maybe i'm being daft here but i don't really see how the shoulder you carry the sling on affects its usability for left- or righthanded people? i'm lefthanded too, i use cameras with my right hand like most people...

The one upside of the ng4475's floppy sling construction is that it can easily be converted to be worn over your left or right shoulder. My anti-flop-adaptation only really works for carrying it over your left shoulder on the rear / right shoulder on the front.

because when you swing it forward, you grab with your dominant hand.

ex:
7u3e9any.jpg

being a right-hander, this would never work for me.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

Ah, that explains. When i expect to see something worth photographing at any moment, i carry the bag on my chest for maximum speed, so it doesn't make a difference to me there. Also i'm fairly ambidextrous, except when it comes to writing or throwing (left and right hand, respectively).

Also the zippers are one-sided on most bags, including the Nat Geo one you linked. If you were lefty and swinging the bag around the zips would open to the wrong side (especially the one on the back side) :)

I love the retro 5 bag with one small gripe...the strap. I kept having to unsnarl it. So I called the people at TT and asked if I could order the same kind of strap that I once had for a SpeedDemon (or was it Freak?) bag...it had metal swivel clips on it so the strap would be easy to straighten out. They actually sent me one for absolutely FREE...get out of town!!! Not as fashionable as the matching fabric strap but maybe they will start making em this way some day.

I used to wonder at how women could end up with so many handbags....always looking for the perfect one.

Well I must have 5 or 6 clogging up my office and understand perfectly. That quest for the perfect bag.

What doesn't help is moving from on system (Canon EOS) to another (Fuji X). Or to be more accurate Canon AND Fuji.

Anyway, my latest stop on the 'camera bag' pilgrimage is the Billingham F-stop f1.4. Holds my X-Pro1 and X-T1 and a few lenses and the odds and ends one 'needs' (remote releases, filters, spare battery, memory cards etc). Very happy thus far.

i'll be trying out the travel sling from fujifilm made especially for our cameras, to see how i like it.

i need two or three primes and a speedlite with some other flash accessories. the i40 mini would be the perfect size. otherwise, i'll just stick to a yn560iii. but here's the sling...

ana4agad.jpg

8ezymusa.jpg

i think i might skip it and go straight for the f-stop kenti. i forgot about when i need to carry my flash stand/s and possibly my tripod and macbook.

a backpack, laptop case and pouch, sucks!

Back