Fuji What kind of bag are you carrying all your cool Fuji equipment in?

I arranged the dividers in my retro 7 to fit 2 X-E2s w/lenses mounted. And 3 other lenses. 14mm, 23mm, Rok 85mm, 55-200mm and room for the 56mm when it ships. Plus plenty of room for the TT pocket rocket, filters, release cable, and 8 batteries. And more room in the front storage area.

Dave, what do you think are the most important differences between the Scout 06 and the Hadley large please? Sizes look similar.

I have the same olive tan Hadley small.
The two X E1's, a 14, 18, 23, 35 and the kit lens all fit in my black tan Hadley large.
Remarkable bag.
Planning to order Wotancraft Scout 06.

I just added the Thinktank Retrospective 7. Still have to figure out what the best layout will be for x-pro1, x-T1 and lenses. But it looks cool ;-)

one interesting thing I ave found is I have both black and dull green retrospective bags, I like working with the green in the street, but have found I have a much easier time sneaking a black one on board the airplane when it becomes my third bag. The rest of my bags are black and nobody notices the extra one then.

Dave, what do you think are the most important differences between the Scout 06 and the Hadley large please? Sizes look similar.

I haven't seen the Wotancraft in person, but I don't think I will be able to put as much in it as the Hadley Large,

An Ona Bowery carries my X-E2 and three primes quite comfortably while being incredibly compact, stylish (matter of taste) and allowing quick access to the camera.

I consider my boxes ticked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An Ona Bowery carries my X-E2 and three primes quite comfortably while being incredibly compact, stylish (matter of taste) and allowing quick access to the camera.

I consider my boxes ticked.
Yeah, that is a GREAT little bag. It doesn't carry a lot, but a lot of times I don't either. And for a typical day with a body and 2-3 primes, it's what I take also...

-Ray

Yeah, that is a GREAT little bag. It doesn't carry a lot, but a lot of times I don't either. And for a typical day with a body and 2-3 primes, it's what I take also...

-Ray

Ona is great looking bag....union street ranger is gorgeous....don't see the bowery on their site anymore.....

If I'm carrying my laptop I use my Ona Bowery. It holds my X-E2 w/35mm, 55-200mm, battery charger, MBP, various cables pens, notepads and cleaning supplies.

41wyxJsz5dL.jpg

When I'm traveling without the laptop I'll use my Lowepro Fastpack 200 which can hold almost everything described above.

51e85jart8L._SX425_.jpg

51scIN5UwgL._SX425_.jpg

Ray, I can't get an accurate impression looking at the photos on their site....does it seal up well against the elements? It looks like the perfectly sized day bag for a Fuji outfit!

Thanks, Jay
I've never fully tested it. It's made of waxed cotten, which tends to be incredibly good at repelling water as long as you re-wax it every now and then. But I also have a Hadley Small which is incredibly good at protecting against the elements and I tend to take that when weather is a big issue because I have personal experience with how well it works in the wet. I'm sure the Bowery's waxed cotten would do fine, but I'm not quite as sure about the way the flaps on either side are situated in terms of keeping water out or letting it in. Whereas I know the Hadley keeps it out...

-Ray

Mike,

Do you have a sense of how well the Bowery does at sealing up tightly against the elements? Ray is uncertain about the sides.

Thanks for your help.

Jay
If I'm carrying my laptop I use my Ona Bowery. It holds my X-E2 w/35mm, 55-200mm, battery charger, MBP, various cables pens, notepads and cleaning supplies.

41wyxJsz5dL.jpg

When I'm traveling without the laptop I'll use my Lowepro Fastpack 200 which can hold almost everything described above.

51e85jart8L._SX425_.jpg

51scIN5UwgL._SX425_.jpg

The bag feels like it's build more for a daily carry to and from the office with some photography after hours or the occasional photo walk. I'm not sure if I would take it out in super rainy conditions without an umbrella. I've taken it through light rains without worrying about it. As long as you're not standing outside in the middle of a monsoon without an umbrella you should be fine!

As for the flaps on the side, if you tuck them in they do look like water could funnel in. I'd always pull them out like ears then roll them up which would minimize the chance of water getting inside.

domke f-5xc, but won't fit a second body. then my lowepro hatchback 16L when i need better support and want to hold a second body and/or snacks and/or a wind breaker, etc. i'm thinking about getting a 'kenti' from f-stop to be able to add a couple flashes and/or a tripod and/or my laptop.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

was too lazy to pull the dslt out.

8anapuga.jpg

^
domke

e6ypa6a8.jpg

^
ef-x20, ef-x8, spare batteries, cleaning stuff

4edevyjy.jpg

^
xf23, xf56, xf35

9yha4uja.jpg

^
top view

edeqa6yt.jpg

^
nd filters and a fader, xf14, x-t1 + xf27 mounted (might be able to get it to fit with the vertical grip on)

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

I just got a Tamrac Apache 4. Perfect size for two X-E2s with lenses attached. One being either the 55-200 or Rok 85mm. And two more Fuji lenses. I've been carrying the Rok 85, and Fuji 18-55, 14mm, 23mm.

Back