Fuji What kind of bag are you carrying all your cool Fuji equipment in?

i'd have to leave my filters behind to be able to fit a second body in this bag. i think i'll be using my lowepro hatchback for better support. all this glass is pretty heavy for one shoulder. and i think i've grown to hate messenger/shoulder bags, now - they usually swing around when i'm leaning forward to take a picture of something.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

so, i'll be using this instead. at least till i get my second body and my f-stop bag.

basaty6e.jpg

photo hatchback

same bag as my stethoscope, my medicine, my check book, my bills, and all the other crap I take to work. Found I take more pictures if I keep the damn thing with me. And the bag is a old navy messenger bag.

so, i'll be using this instead. at least till i get my second body and my f-stop bag.

basaty6e.jpg

photo hatchback

Which fstop bag are you getting? I am trying to decide between the kenti, guru or loka. Leaning towards kenti at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which fstop bag are you getting? I am trying to decide between the kenti, guru or loka. Leaning towards kenti at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^
the kenti. for one, it's the smallest of the mountain backpacks. the rest are way too big for a mirrorless. i like the separate side-loading compartments on either side. i'll have my primes on one side, two bodies and a zoom on the other. i can still strap on my sticks, and possibly my slider (if i'll need it).

Romi, have you thought about getting a filter case? That would free up some space?
^
i have a six-filter pouch that folds up pretty thick. but it's width and especially its length doesn't fit anywhere in my domke. and i really wouldn't want to have it hanging, loosely. the main reason why i ended up going back to the hard cases they came in was because of one getting damaged on the plane when someone crammed their carry-on into my gear. it was one of those times i didn't have a seat in front of me to put my camera bag under. and i'm able to spread them around depending on the bag i use.

That would suck. Filter costs add up quick. I have a small four spot case that fits perfectly into the tablet slot in the Apache 4 bag. But if I ever fly I'll remember to use the hard cases.

yeah, i was actually considering the Lee Seven5 mirrorless kit to share with all my lenses, but it might not be so convenient for the other type of shooting i do.

so, i haven't really been using my natgeo pouch for any body of mine since i usually will just be wearing a camera by its strap anyway. my pouch has just been for carrying around i second lens, two spare batteries and a lenspen. my 56 is just snug, so all my other primes will obviously fit as well.

pu4a3yse.jpg

8a4ubury.jpg

with the hood facing out, velcro barely grabs.

i did just order another strap (domke swivel quick-release) from b&h recently.

Cool Bag

I use a Clik Elite sling bag, which is great for bike riding or hiking. I generally carry the XE 1 with 55-200mm attached, the 14mm and 35mm and a pair of binoculars in the lower section, and spare batteries and lunch in the top half. Has a pouch and strap for a small tripod as well. Best bag ever if you are active.

so, for my next trip, i didn't really want to carry around that much gear just for shooting around the streets. pulled out one of my domkes and played around with a few spare dividers i had laying around.

View attachment 19808

View attachment 19809

View attachment 19810
^
3 spare batteries, 1 spare for my phone, ef-x8 flash, lenspen

View attachment 19811
body + pancake

View attachment 19812
^
body sits on top of this divider to keep back protected from items below

View attachment 19813
^
loose divider isn't stuck on anything

View attachment 19814
^
a couple lenses, a few nd filters

View attachment 19815
^
how i've compartmentalized the bottom

View attachment 19816
^
wipes for my hands

I am a great fan of travelling light. To that end I have borrowed an idea from Messrs. Leica, the "back to back coupling ring". Leica made these for R and M lenses - I have a few, and I know how useful they are. I have made a couple for my Fujis. Buy a couple of spare back caps, stick an old SD card in between (this ensures a good bond, because the caps are inset, not flat). It's wise to have a lens in each when you bring them together, because then you can align the lenses as above. The black insulating tape bears no load, but it makes things a little neater. Et voila, a space-saver for any bag...
32776509.42286039.1024.jpg

Fuji B2B coupler par Lightmancer, on ipernity​

Domke F-5XB Rugged Wear. Nice little bag that hold a body with lens attached and 2/3 other lens/adapters/etc.

Nice zipper across the top and flap with nice strong Velcro so you can zip or not. A little thin on some of the padding but as with most photographers I know I have a few loose dividers that do the trick.

My day pack is a National Geographic NG4475.
National Geographic Camera Bags & Backpacks | Manfrotto

It's a sling bag with 2 compartments and a map pocket at the rear.
Top (lightly padded) compartment holds Fuji X100 with lens hood, sometimes a small secondary camera, a ziploc bag with spare battery and filters, a phone, a steripen water filter, a flashlight, a roll of electrical tape and toilet paper.
The larger bottom compartment always holds some emergency medical equipment and medicine, and usually my 7" tablet plus keyboard, 900+ pages of lonely planet guidebook, tiny journal and French phrase book, pen, lighter, toothbrush and toothpaste. Sometimes I change its contents to hold sunscreen, some food, a solar charger or a lightweight wind jacket instead of some of the optional items.

A sling bag like this is great as a day pack for travelling. When I'm in an urban environment I keep it on my chest for security. The camera compartment is right on my chest so the camera is always easily available; also there's no way to snatch anything from it without putting a knife to my throat. When I'm hiking in a more rural environment, I usually put the bag on my back to reduce the strain (having it on the chest can get tiresome after a few hours, but then I do have some 3 kilos in there). If it's on my back, I can still easily slide it round so that the camera compartment is on my belly and I can take out the camera (would be nice if the zipper opened on the other end though, to minimize the risk of anything falling out). Switching from front to back is a matter of seconds. When I'm moving from one sleeping location to another, I wear my big backpack, and the daypack is on my chest meaning I still have everything important available without having to put down the backpack. I can attach stuff like a small sleeping bag or a water bottle to the side loops.

If you use it the way it was intended, it flops about more than I like (really stupid design, IMO), so I attached the lower end of the sling to the lowest of the side loops rather than to the flap underneath the sling. With the sling at its shortest length, that takes care of the flopping nicely. I might make myself a stabilizer strap some day, because if you have it on your back and you bend down, it sometimes slides away from your back and hangs off your side, which doesn't aid stability in the mountains... Other than that, it's very versatile and tough as nails, doesn't scream "camera bag!" and looks pretty cool if you ask me. I'm happy the previously white National Geographic logo has become dirty enough to not stand out anymore, because the questions of 'do you work for national geographic?!?!?' were getting kind of annoying.

Back