Fuji What should I use with new X100F for workflow?

Rose55

Regular
Hi
I am thinking about purchasing the new X100F and wonder which raw processer I should use with it on my Macbook Pro and also on the PC?
I have LR which I haven't used yet on the macbook and have used photos for my xt1 with no problems. Also have used LR on the PC with no problems with the xt1.
suggestions gratefully received.
Thanks

Rosie

If you already have LR, I'd start with that and see what you think. If you aren't happy with the amount of detail you're able to extract from the RAF files, something like Iridient Developer may be worth looking into.

Download the 30 day trials of Capture One 10, OnOne Raw, Iridient Developer, and Silky Pix. Spend time with all of them and see which you like the best. If you don't like any of them enough to spend money on one, stick with LR.

I just bought the Iridient X-Transformer license for Windows, works ok, still playing with the settings, but definitely a good option for the PC side of the workflow. So far I like it more than LR's interpretation of the RAF files. Since you have Mac as well, you have the option for the full Iridient Developer suite as noted above.

For what it's worth, I left Adobe products and use a combination of Capture One 10 and OnOne Raw. Both render Fuji files way better than Adobe products.

I forgot to mention, get the Nik plugin suite. It works with Adobe, Capture One, and OnOne. Definitely a great editing tool. And I believe that it's free now.

I just bought the Iridient X-Transformer license for Windows, works ok, still playing with the settings, but definitely a good option for the PC side of the workflow. So far I like it more than LR's interpretation of the RAF files. Since you have Mac as well, you have the option for the full Iridient Developer suite as noted above.
I'm playing with the demo version, but a quick look seems to produce more detail than ACR.

I took a better look between the raw file are displayed in ACR and the DNG created be Iridient X-Transformer. I thought the DNG was much better in terms of fine detail. I guess this means I will be buying it (sigh).

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian's price isn't too bad considering Nikon always took me for a minimum of 99 bucks every time Capture got upgraded. He's also quick to respond to tech support questions, which is refreshing after dealing with the big OEMs.

I use Lightroom on a Mac but have been switching over to photos with an editing extension of Luminar. I like how simple this is and how easy it is to share photos. I don't edit heavily so your mileage may vary. You couldn't get me near a PC but if you're going to use both, obviously photos won't work.

I am personally using Iridient for all my Fuji Raw conversions as I find it much better than LR and ACR but it is very much a personal thing. Try downloading a trial version of Irident and assess / compare.

Iridient is good, but only offers a portion of what's required from a fully-fledged converter. It's great in combination with Lightroom, that's why Brian designed Iridient Transformer for Windows as a Lightroom add-on right from the start.

LR and Iridient together are a nice set of tools.

DSCF1802.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Hiya
i have been trying ID with my old X100 to learn how to use it. what do you think of this so far?

Back