Fuji What this sub-forum is about

Status
Not open for further replies.

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About X, But Were Afraid to Ask

Dear all,

as you may already know, I am writing books and eBooks on Fujifilm's X-series cameras and also a regular column named X-Pert Corner over at the infamous Fujirumors site. As you can imagine, I get plenty of mails and messages from readers from all over the world, asking me stuff related to Fuji's X series.

With my first book "Mastering the Fujifilm X-Pro1" and a bunch of helpful blog articles in place, there was only one piece missing: a dedicated forum that channels feedback and questions from readers of my book, blog or forums, where you can elaborate on stuff I've written, and where we can discuss stuff you'd like me to write about in the future. I'd like this to be a friendly place with a spirit of collaboration. A place where linking back and forth between different sites is not considered competition, but adding value and a win-win for everybody.

This section is not about hailing or bashing any products. It's more like: If there appears to be problem, how can we solve or work around it?
In short, this is about how Fuji could improve their products (think firmware updates) and about how we can improve the way we use these products (think tips and tricks).

If you are using X-series cameras (or are seriously in the market for one) will most likely benefit from reading my free column over at Fujirumors. If you own a camera with an X-Trans sensor (currently X-Pro1, X-E1, X100S or X20), you might (probably!) also benefit from reading "Mastering the Fujifilm X-Pro1" (available as paperback and eBook), as the basic concepts are identical or very similar among these cameras. But don't take my word for it, judge for yourself—here's a link to a PDF with 65 pages of free reading samples.

So if you have a question about existing or potential X products you'd like me to answer (I'll try!) or if you have an issue you'd like me to comment on, this new sub-forum is the place to post it. I am also looking forward to your input regarding product improvements. From time to time, I prepare papers with firmware update suggestions (there's always plenty to improve) that will go to the product developers in Tokyo. So instead of bitching and venting in the usual forums, this is your opportunity to come up with suggestions and ideas to actually improve things.

I'm looking forward to your input, and let's see how this little "forum experiment" turns out.

Welcome everybody, and all the best!

Rico

PS: In case you don't know yet, here's a short resume from my publisher: Rico Pfirstinger studied communications and has been working as journalist, publicist, and photographer since the mid-80s. He has written a number of books on topics as diverse as Adobe PageMaker and sled dogs, and produced a beautiful book of photographs titled Huskies in Action. He has spent time working as the head of a department with the German Burda-Publishing Company and served as chief editor for a winter sports website. After eight years as a freelance film critic and entertainment writer in Los Angeles, Rico now lives in Germany and devotes his time to digital photography and compact camera systems.

Many thanks Rico, Phoenix and Amin for this sub-forum! I'm in the midst of moving and renovating to move...but this will be a place I refer to often - reading, reading, reading...as I beat back my desires (for a while) for another FujiX...as I learn more about the present and future choices.:th_salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back