What video editor do you use?

For many years, both for fun and professionally I used Vegas. In late 2021 I changed to Resolve Studio PRO with the speed editor. Retired and just doing video for me, I wanted a couple of things I couldn't get in Vegas, but was leery of changing after so many years using Vegas. That fear turned out to be unfounded. When you look at Resolve, Fusion, and Fairlight (great for wave but doesn't do MIDI (I use a program called Samplitude) with free updates, Resolve PRO is a very powerful and fairly easy to learn (given all the youtube videos) video production suite.

What is your editor of choice?

For many years, both for fun and professionally I used Vegas. In late 2021 I changed to Resolve Studio PRO with the speed editor. Retired and just doing video for me, I wanted a couple of things I couldn't get in Vegas, but was leery of changing after so many years using Vegas. That fear turned out to be unfounded. When you look at Resolve, Fusion, and Fairlight (great for wave but doesn't do MIDI (I use a program called Samplitude) with free updates, Resolve PRO is a very powerful and fairly easy to learn (given all the youtube videos) video production suite.

What is your editor of choice?
At the moment, KDEnlive is on my daily rig. Da Vinci Resolve is on the other rig as I don't need to use it that much, unless I reignite my filming passion again, most probably with a BGH-1.

For music videos, I prefer to record at 24-bit/192khz and master audio with Ardour 5 before syncing it with video. I prefer live recording/unplugged type anyway.

KDEnlive is sufficient for my needs. Cheers.

If KDE - I am assuming Linux?

Thanks

I have a spare laptop now and wondering about going to Linux again.
Yes, Linux. It's KDE but will still work well with other desktop environments, although the theme will be independent to your system's theme if it's not KDE. KDEnlive's basic operations are straightforward and with a few menu activations, it can change quickly to professional controls. Cheers.

Back