GAS What was your best purchase of 2021?

No cameras, but Scarlett came home to live with us.

Here she is on the Blue Ridge Parkway last September:

20210927-Blue Ridge Parkway.015.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not as fancy as some of the cameras here, but this one means a lot to me. An old SR-T 101 I 'rescued' at the GW auction site. It was good therapy for me after my open heart surgery at the beginning of the year.
View attachment 297877
I still remember how I liked my SR-T303b at the time, bought when a shop sold off the last ones. As much as I struggled with the XD7's, my SR-T started giving great results right from the very first roll.

Not as fancy as some of the cameras here, but this one means a lot to me. An old SR-T 101 I 'rescued' at the GW auction site. It was good therapy for me after my open heart surgery at the beginning of the year.
View attachment 297877
Hope your heart surgery went well, and improved your quality of life.

:Welcome: to the 'zipper club'.

This is a really hard one. I got several Z lenses last year and it is hard to choose. The first I got was the magnificent Z 14-24 which stuns me with the superb quality across the zoom range. But, in the long term it may be my 100-400. I got that on the 23rd of December and haven't used it much yet, but expect to use it a great deal in the future.

I bought and sold a good amount this year, but then I tend to every couple years.

Bought:
Fuji X100v
Nikon Z5 / 24-70 f4
Olympus E-P7 / 8-25 / 100-400
Panasonic 12-32

Sold:
Fuji X100v
Nikon Z5 / 24-70 f4
Olympus Pen F / 100-400
PanLeica 8-18

Bought - Sold - Bought again
Olympus 17 / 12-45
Panasonic 20 (actually sold and bought back the same lens)

Best? By far the Olympus E-P7.

Back