What went wrong today ...

Name
Matt
Sometimes, weird and irritating things happen - they're not that bad on the grand scale of things, but they can annoy the heck out of you. Here's a thread to vent - but please, keep it civil.

Please note: This is only for life's little desasters, not really serious stuff! If it's okay that others snigger along, you've come to the right place to post your stories.

I'll start off with my evening today: First, when preparing dinner, a bottle of orange juice (not just any orangy juicy stuff, either, the pure, expensive kind) slipped out of my hand and hit the floor; the cap broke and flew off, the juice went all over the kitchen floor. The not-so-funny funny thing: Something rather similar happened only a couple of days back - due to sillyness, though. This time, I actually wasn't careless or fooling around - and still, it went flying; it was a heck of thing to clean up all the sticky stuff, too.

But that's not all.

I just knocked over my - full, of course - tea glass, bathing the table and the laptop in mint tea. It could be worse - the laptop's obviously still working since I'm typing this on it. But it'll certainly not enhance its life expectancy ...

I think I'll go to bed before I incidently flood the whole place ...

M.

Sometimes, weird and irritating things happen - they're not that bad on the grand scale of things, but they can annoy the heck out of you. Here's a thread to vent - but please, keep it civil.

Please note: This is only for life's little desasters, not really serious stuff! If it's okay that others snigger along, you've come to the right place to post your stories.

I'll start off with my evening today: First, when preparing dinner, a bottle of orange juice (not just any orangy juicy stuff, either, the pure, expensive kind) slipped out of my hand and hit the floor; the cap broke and flew off, the juice went all over the kitchen floor. The not-so-funny funny thing: Something rather similar happened only a couple of days back - due to sillyness, though. This time, I actually wasn't careless or fooling around - and still, it went flying; it was a heck of thing to clean up all the sticky stuff, too.

But that's not all.

I just knocked over my - full, of course - tea glass, bathing the table and the laptop in mint tea. It could be worse - the laptop's obviously still working since I'm typing this on it. But it'll certainly not enhance its life expectancy ...

M.
Just one of those days, isn't it? Know them all too well when I start knocking things over from the time I start making breadfast.

I have a story that involved bad luck, and then more bad luck, and then the luck got so bad that it managed to turn into good luck that resolved all the accumulated bad luck.

It started years ago, I was trying to do a three point turn on a tight suburban road up in the mountains. As I was backing the car slowly, I ran the back into somebody's letter box. The letter box itself was very sturdy and didn't incur any damage, however it left a very visible dent on the rear bumper of my car. It was annoying, I drove around in that dented car for a couple of years.

Then for no reason at all, within the period of 12 months, I started to have a series of minor car accidents one after another, every couple of months. ALL of them:

- occurred while my car was stationary (eg. waiting at the red lights or at a mall car park waiting for the car ahead of me to park their car first),
- were not my fault,
- dinged the back of my car.

I let every single of those drivers off the hook because I told them: "In all fairness, there was already a dent around there anyway, don't worry about it."

Until ... the last incident in the 12 month period. I was at the lights waiting for green. When the lights finally turned green, I waited for the cars ahead to get moving when suddenly BANG the car that had been behind me the whole time, crashed into the back of me. It was a young guy, he apparently had a map fully opened on his steering wheel. He was so focused on the map under his nose that when the lights turned green he took his foot off the brakes and got moving without even looking to see whether the cars in front of him had moved yet.

It was the strongest crash yet, which covered the other minor dings. But what also made this one the worst was I had a fire extinguisher in the boot that exploded, there was white fire retardant powder everywhere in there. This time, I was really pissed off at this negligent driver and filed a claim with his insurer via mine.

So essentially at the end of the 12 month run of bad luck, I ended up with a fixed, ding-less car. Nothing weird like that has ever happened again.

Last edited:
well today was less than great for me.
I dropped my Nikkor 24-70, hit & cut my shin then hit the floor & rolled away :doh:
I did a couple of quick test shots & it "seemed" to be OK but i really need to evaluate it properly to know for sure. Time will tell....

Then i went over to the farm where i keep my campervan & took my D4 & 70-200 as there were a few guys there Paramotoring yesterday. Kinda wanted to shoot them.
So i'm over there, there are a couple of guys out in the flying field looking like they're setting up.
I go into the campervan to do a few little jobs while i wait & listen for a motor to start so i can tell when they're taking off.
ALL Afternoon i waited for some action. i kept walking out to check & they were still there, gear all laid out & looking like they were about to fire up & go but nothing. They must have just chatted all afternoon :dash2:

On the bright side i vacuumed & cleaned most of the inside & did a few jobs. Fridge still doesn't seem to want to work though :crying:

So photography wise i dropped & possibly damaged my most used lens & didn't actually even take a shot :dash2:
Oh & when i got home i noticed i'm out of coffee beans as well :rolleyes:

That's something I'm really quite afraid of - so much so that I always have my cooker ready for emergencies (no kidding whatsoever!).

M.
We actually have a backup. We have one of the Keurig units with a reservoir and a smaller one with out a reservoir that belonged to one of our kids, but he doesn't use it anymore. The smaller one doesn't seem to be working right either. 😵

My coffee maker stopped working today. :mad:
I use an Aeropress all the time unless I'm making a pot of coffee for several people. As long as I can get hot water from the electric kettle (or boil water in a pot) the Aeropress gives me the best coffee I've ever had. I even bought a 2-pack of stainless steel filter in case the Apocalypse comes (right now a little too scary to contemplate :eek::drama:) so I can even make coffee if filters aren't available.

I use an Aeropress all the time unless I'm making a pot of coffee for several people. As long as I can get hot water from the electric kettle (or boil water in a pot) the Aeropress gives me the best coffee I've ever had. I even bought a 2-pack of stainless steel filter in case the Apocalypse comes (right now a little too scary to contemplate :eek::drama:) so I can even make coffee if filters aren't available.
I had a bodum years ago. The videos for the Aeropress seem to use a lot of coffee per cup, but it might be worth a look.

But that's not all.

M.
@MoonMind ,

Please tell us you’re NOT an obstetrician.

My coffee maker stopped working today. :mad:
I don't know if you're religious but if you are, that's probably God's way directing you to the Bialetti Moka and Lavazza Crema E Gusto blend. If you're serious about coffee, using that cannot be bettered, it certainly blows any 'pod' coffee out of the water and it's not a machine, so can't break.

Back