What will be your next acquisition?

Either a NEX6 or a NEX7 and the 35mm and 10-18SEL lenses - all this after I dispose of all my DSLR stuff and the NEX5.

Probably a Fuji lens or two, but it might be a while. Maybe the 14mm, which could be relatively soon, but 21mm seems like a focal length I might not use much - not wide enough for ultra wide but too wide for an everyday walk around, where I like something in the 24-28 range. If not that, then when the 23 f1.4 and the 10-24 UWA are available next year, probably both of those. If I like the 23 f1.4 enough I'll probably sell the 35 f1.4. One f1.4 is enough and I just don't use the 35mm focal length very much at all. I'm tempted by the Oly 75mm, but that's a lens I would never use enough to justify the cost (unlike the 12mm, which I use constantly), but I'd sure love to have it for those few times a year it might come in handy. May get the Rokinon 85mm f1.4 for about a third of the cost or might just skip the whole idea.

But nothing I'm really crazy to have now - I'm pretty well set up already. Those Fuji lenses would be part of a transition for the Fuji to become my primary walk around system leaving m43 for street and longer focal lengths. But I could sit tight and be really well covered if I just stuck with m43 for most of my shooting.

-Ray

Either an e-pl5 or panny 20mm. I was holding out for a new Oly 17mm but it looks like its going to be more high end. The E-pl5 hits most of the right buttons for me other than price. Maybe around christmas I'll bargain shop.

And a short and wide MD / MC lens for the old XD5.

Bidding on a Rokkor MD 28mm F2.8 now. Perfect functional shape but someone engraved their social on it (as did someone else on 2 of the 3 lenses I already have... why did people do that?). Thus, nobody else seems to want it, and it's got less than 12 hours left and I'm winning at $9.99. Ten bucks plus shipping for glass that good almost seems like theft.

Me believe the heat will turn up for the rx1:

Night Time Street Shooting with the Sony RX1..AMAZING HIgh ISO Samples. | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

jpg only with nr set to 0 which does not mean there is no other tweaking but nevertheless sounds promising for night shooting

If he used any more exclamation points or more caps lock on NR OFF, I'd hunt him down and shove his keyboard down his throat. Geez. Hasn't he ever learned the maxim that a picture is worth a thousand words?

That the camera puts out beautiful files was never in question, was it? How is it in use? Are the menus convoluted? How about the ergonomics? Does the camera get in the way of your shooting or does it become an extension of you arm?

Or should I put all of those in ALL CAPS?!!!!!!

If he used any more exclamation points or more caps lock on NR OFF, I'd hunt him down and shove his keyboard down his throat. Geez. Hasn't he ever learned the maxim that a picture is worth a thousand words?

That the camera puts out beautiful files was never in question, was it? How is it in use? Are the menus convoluted? How about the ergonomics? Does the camera get in the way of your shooting or does it become an extension of you arm?

+1

Are you serious?! :rofl:

According to one of my writing professors, but what does he know ... he's was just a Pulitzer Prize winning editor for the LA Times.

G

PS- Too early in the morning to properly address your attempt at humor. (Back to my first cup of coffee, Bali Blue Moon with a shot of espresso).

even a single exclamation point? Depends on what you're writing, I suppose... if it's personally addressed to someone (or a group of people, like on a forum), I think it's absolutely fine. If it's an article in a newspaper or magazine, or in a book when it's not part of a quote of a shouting person, I think it should be used very sparingly, but to totally ban it seems like an unnecessary restriction...

even a single exclamation point? Depends on what you're writing, I suppose... if it's personally addressed to someone (or a group of people, like on a forum), I think it's absolutely fine. If it's an article in a newspaper or magazine, or in a book when it's not part of a quote of a shouting person, I think it should be used very sparingly, but to totally ban it seems like an unnecessary restriction...

His point, is to use words, words are far more precise and definitive than punctuation. Similarly, those with a firm command of the language have little need to curse. He was teaching a journalism class ... so his remarks were directed to writing for publication (pre-internet), but then again a published blog is still published.

He didn't say not to use exclamation points, just be aware, in his opinion, it's like laughing at your own joke. His point is using descriptors and verbs in lieu of exclamation points will make you a better writer.

Gary

All cams he reviews are cool ;) the other picture thread is capped with "BY ME" in full caps :>>

*looks up the meaning of descriptor and is annoyed by the overwhelming amount of computer programming language-related results*

I do agree with his sentiments as brought across by you though, Gary :) and yesterday evening the laughing at your own joke thing didn't make sense to me, but it does now.

+2

He's got a schtick and undoubtedly some people like it.

Oh yeah, the Fuji 14mm + 23mm, 27mm, and 56mm (2013). Then Nikon D600 in 2014. This all assumes Ruby is done with going to the Emergency Vet every couple of months...... The Sony looks like a really nice camera though. I wouldn't want it but I bet Sony sells a lot of them.

Stanley, why the 23mm AND the 27mm? You are an addict. ;)

Absolutely on the Fuji. I'm kind of a sucker for anything between 28-50mm. Honestly if they had released 23 and 27 first I probably would have skipped the 14mm. I have a 24mm for my Nikon and have rarely used it. I do have the 40mm Voigtlander for Nikon. That is a great lens and I love the focal length. I sold off all my Nikon manual focus lenses but that one. I use it on my D700 all the time even though it looks kind of silly on it. :)

Given that the 27mm will be only F2.8 it's probably going to be cheap. And of course my rational to myself is "I'm not getting any of the zooms." That works/makes complete sense doesn't it........:)

Ruby has really been behaving lately (fingers, toes, and eyes crossed).

Thought about it some more. I usually only like to take one lens with me or two at most. My favorite focal lengths are 35 and 50 so the 40 or so equivalent sits right in the middle.

Back