What will your next (photographic) purchase be?

pictor

All-Pro
Who does not contemplate buying new gear from time to time? Often it may help to write ones thought down and to read other photographers' opinions. So let's begin.

At the moment the Canon PowerShot G12 (which is not yet available in the part of the world where I live) looks great to me. I already own the S90, which is a rather similar camera (looking at the sensor and the focal range), but I miss the swivel screen which would offer me possibilities I don't have now when I am on the way.

On the other hand there is the TL500/EX1 by Samsung, which has two major advantages over the G12: It is wider at the short end and more than one stop faster than the G12.

Because of missing it too much while walking in dark forests, especially when I take macro shots near to the ground, I will buy a small table top tripod. I am very sure about this.

I am waiting to find out the realities of the Fuji X100. Why - well, because it will give me the Leica X1's size/type sensor, or a similar one, however it will also give me the additional controls that I believe will make the camera much better for me, such as allowing focus and exposure to be separate and a really good built in electronic/optical viewfinder. If an LCD screen is big enough and super clear, it's awfully helpful, but I much prefer looking through a topnotch viewfinder akin to the Olympus EVF. I just want it built in. And of course, it has to have a great lens. Oh yes, and not be too big.;)

So that's what I am looking forward to finding out about down the line.

I have to do some selling first, my cabinets are over-flowing (literally) with photographic related items and I am surprised my wife hasn't said much about it.

That said, I really want to try one of the latest superzooms but nothing has really caught my eye, maybe the V-LUX 2, we'll see. ;)

A hasselblad C and CF to EOS adapter for £38.90 is probably going to be my next purchase. It's the cheapest thing I could find that would let me try something new since I have both a Hasselblad and 5D already.

Who does not contemplate buying new gear from time to time? Often it may help to write ones thought down and to read other photographers' opinions. So let's begin.

At the moment the Canon PowerShot G12 (which is not yet available in the part of the world where I live) looks great to me. I already own the S90, which is a rather similar camera (looking at the sensor and the focal range), but I miss the swivel screen which would offer me possibilities I don't have now when I am on the way.

On the other hand there is the TL500/EX1 by Samsung, which has two major advantages over the G12: It is wider at the short end and more than one stop faster than the G12.

Because of missing it too much while walking in dark forests, especially when I take macro shots near to the ground, I will buy a small table top tripod. I am very sure about this.

Hi Christian, thanks for your thread. The Canon G12 is in stock in Holland. How you feel about a G2 mft camera ?

Back