What will your next (photographic) purchase be?

My recent flurry of gear trading/acquisition has settled down (notwithstanding the unintended purchase of a set of Hexanon lenses today :).

Next on the list will be photo processing or output needs. It will either be Silver efx or an Ipad.

I prefer the Ipad but the rumors of a smaller iPad is holding me back.

Wait, Kevin - you just got more lenses?! Have you figured out their depreciation yet?;):D

A smaller iPad? Sounds as though it would be the perfect "smart phone" for me so I could actually read on it. I just got an email from Verizon - they're going to be offering the iPad with several different tiered levels... Very interesting turn of events, but I digress from "photographic purchases".

Good one BB :D In accounting terms, I will tell my wife that these lenses are used and should not depreciate any further in value. How do you like them apples?

The rumored ipad is a 7" screen - I was just at the store and the 10" screen is oh so nice but overall I find it a little heavier than I'd like. I'm also hoping they fix the annoyance of not including a SD slot.

The SD slot can be handled with the camera connection kit btw. I keep mine in my purse (surprised?).

As far as form factor goes, at first I found the iPad heavy, but now I don't notice its weight.

Thanks for the comments Deirdre. I'll have to look into the camera connection kit some more.

Today, Steve Jobs in a conference call killed the 7" iPad rumor so I'm back to choosing between the iPad and Silver efex.

Deirdre, perhaps if and when you have the time and inclination, you might start a thread about how this is - the iPad and how you use it for your photography. I'd be very interested.

Had to laugh at that one, its not that bad - honest
London is one of the reasons why I want a 'compact' point and shoot as there is always something going on...

Fourteen days ago I have bought a Sigma DP1s. They are relatively cheap now. The camera is slow in many respects: f/stop 4, reaction after taking a picture, the raw software.
On the other hand I somehow like, that it is not complicated. No scene-modes, no "intelligent"-modes. You know what you are doing.
It has the interesting large Foveon sensor. And a 28 mm lens with a DOF of a f/stop 5.6 (crop-factor), so no selective focus.
Jan

Jan, that's very exciting! The crisp qualities that I've seen from these cameras astound me - I guess that's the FOVEON sensor? I have a couple of contacts on Flickr who shoot with this camera and I really enjoy their images very much! Can't wait to see some of your photos!

Fourteen days ago I have bought a Sigma DP1s. They are relatively cheap now. The camera is slow in many respects: f/stop 4, reaction after taking a picture, the raw software.
On the other hand I somehow like, that it is not complicated. No scene-modes, no "intelligent"-modes. You know what you are doing.
It has the interesting large Foveon sensor. And a 28 mm lens with a DOF of a f/stop 5.6 (crop-factor), so no selective focus.
Jan

Jan,
Shhhhh... I still have my DP1 and DP2. I'll never sell them cause they make images like no other digital camera.
It's a very popular camera at DPI small sensor forums. The files are simply put, astonishing!

At the moment the Canon PowerShot G12 (which is not yet available in the part of the world where I live) looks great to me. I already own the S90, which is a rather similar camera (looking at the sensor and the focal range), but I miss the swivel screen which would offer me possibilities I don't have now when I am on the way.

I have bought this wonderful camera today! :yahoo:

Back