What would you do if you discovered there was a painting of your actual living room in an art exhibition miles away from where you live.

I live in a monumental house, and when my MIL visited our city a couple of years ago, she stayed in a hotel room that had a photo of our house (each of the 100 or so rooms has a photo of a city monument, and by pure chance she stayed in the room featuring our house). We thought it was awesome.

Thankfully it didn't feature our living room though, that would've freaked me out indeed!

I live in a monumental house, and when my MIL visited our city a couple of years ago, she stayed in a hotel room that had a photo of our house (each of the 100 or so rooms has a photo of a city monument, and by pure chance she stayed in the room featuring our house). We thought it was awesome.

Thankfully it didn't feature our living room though, that would've freaked me out indeed!

That would make sense if your house is a local landmark.
Many, many, many years ago (in my childhood), I lived briefly in the family home which had apparently become a local landmark too. My grandparents had a known history in the area.

I think this falls under the category of people finding out that maybe posting everything about themselves online isn't such a great idea.
Well in this case, nothing sensitively personal was breached and the inscription on the back of the chair was omitted, but ... yeah, cautionary tale

@bartjeej WOW !! how fortunate you are - that sounds quite fantastic. Are sections of the house open to the public for viewing?
Or how would the interior have 'leaked'? I suppose there may have been historic photos taken to document the place.

@bartjeej WOW !! how fortunate you are - that sounds quite fantastic. Are sections of the house open to the public for viewing?
Or how would the interior have 'leaked'? I suppose there may have been historic photos taken to document the place.
It's a historic charity housing complex around a shared courtyard. The courtyard (but not the inside of the houses) used to be freely accessible to tourists, which was fine as it was just 2 or 3 people at a time. But in the covid / closed borders years, domestic tourism boomed so much that we had to restrict access in order to retain some sense of privacy, we had entire guided tour groups visiting and looking into our living rooms as if we were the cast of a living museum.

Back