What's the "Standard Proceedcake" here?

Ok, I'm sure Pooh or Piglet will chime in with some wisdom; but until they do, I'm asking you!
In the Lightroom catalog, If I want to try various crops and edits, do I save each edit?
I have been saving them in a single stack with the Raw and 2-3 edits.
And should they all get the same rating, or just the selected edit?
And does the Raw get the same rating as the selected edit?
I'm <100k images, so now is the time to figure this all out and start getting serious about standards.

Thanks for the wisdom.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm sure Pooh or Piglet will chime in with some wisdom; but until they do, I'm asking you!
In the Lightroom catalog, If I want to try various crops and edits, do I save each edit?
I have been saving them in a single stack with the Raw and 2-3 edits.
And should they all get the same rating, or just the selected edit?
And does the Raw get the same rating as the selected edit?
I'm <100k images, so now is the time to figure this all out and start getting serious about standards.

Thanks for the wisdom.
Make virtual copies for each different treatment. They take up hardly any extra disk space. You can rate each one separately, I believe, although I don’t really use ratings much myself.

I don't use Lightroom, but before you get too far into it (fast approaching 100000 images is maybe too late), I would highly suggest a couple youtube videos or a comprehensive Lightroom series of tutorials. They may be boring, but I watched several of them (and I don't even use Lightroom) and found them to be VERY useful.

Back