Ricoh What's with the GRD4?

emerson

All-Pro
Name
David
Does anyone happen to know the production numbers of the GRD4 vs, say, the GRD3?

Finding a nice used one is tough, without paying an unrealistic premium. Is the demand really that much higher than the supply? I'm sure some people respond to the small-sensor advantage, but enough to move prices this far? The gap between GRD4 vs GR [APS-c] seems to have narrowed considerably.

Or am I missing something?

I don't think the GRD4 was in production very long before the GR hit the market. I think that they are just fairly rare....while the GR3 was a pretty big seller so there are a lot MORE of them around.

I recall wanting a white GRD4 merely for the color, but couldn't justify paying double what I could get a GRD3 for.....the improvements in the camera were incremental (at least to me).

Maybe someone here who has owned them both can better explain if the extra money is worth it (assuming one wants the smaller sensor "advantages")

Not sure WHY i happened to be on eBay looking at Ricoh cameras, but if I were in the market for a GR iv, I'd consider this one from Japan for around $276 all in. I have no relation to the seller, but it sure looks as nice as he/she claims. And sweeping generalizations are never a good idea, nor or they very fair, but I'm sure the Japanese will be fine with my sweeping generalization that they generally seem like honest, forthright international sellers. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Excellent+++++ Ricoh GR IV 10.4 MP Digital Camera Black Perfect Works from Japan 4961311041730 | eBay

Ive just bought a mint black iv off eBay. This will be the third time I've bought one. I think I'd better hang on to this one as they are not coming up that often now.
I've just sold all my Sony FF gear. It was nice without a doubt. But the lure of a small ccd sensor got the better of me. I will leave the proceeds of my Sony sale in my PayPal account. Just in case a new model GR surfaces. If it takes too long I'll just buy another apsc GR to permanently mount the 21mm conversion lens on, :) I must admit to being a Ricoh fanboy !

Back