• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

What's your oldest "living" digital camera?

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Jan 3, 2012
Troy, NY
By that, I mean what is the oldest digital camera you have that functions fine in all respects?

Mine is the Olympus D-550. I bought mine new, but I'm not sure of the year (probably 2003). It was introduced in 2002.

Cheers, Jock

mnhoj

gee aahrr
Jan 27, 2012
Los Angeles
Oldest is my newest.
Olympus EM1.1.

Circa 2013?
Makes it sound so old - and it is in the digital camera world.
In 2013, if you had a 5 year old camera you had a lot less forgiveness.
Now, you're just missing the latest and greatest.

It's a great time to be a camera enthusiast.

Side note: How far could you go back and be comfortable as a main body or camera?

davidzvi

Top Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Boston Burbs
I've turned over most of my gear in the past year. But still I don't tend to hang on to gear for very long. I hope that will change with the gear currently have, time will tell.

But the oldest thing I have is my X70 and my son has a Nikon D5300, neither is really old.

gordo

Regular
Jul 6, 2017
Arizona
I've had a lot of gear turn-over the last 4 years trying to find what works best for me. My oldest is the Pentax K-1, will be 3 years old mid-May. As soon as a relatively local store had one, I went to look at it. After getting it in my hands, I paid and walked out the door with it. It just fits.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom