What's your oldest "living" digital camera?

Larry T

Regular
Sep 6, 2015
Larry Thacker
Nikon D200 from 2007. Still works great, but I don't get it out very often.

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2010
bart
I may or may not have a 2008 Nikon L16 in a box somewhere... other than that, my appreciated 2010 Samsung EX1 (TL500) is a year older than my beloved Fuji X100, which is still my main camera (if you ignore my phone camera snaps)

Tilman Paulin

Top Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Vancouver B.C.
Tilman
Olympus E1 (2003) - but not being used quite as much recently (suffering from too many cameras syndrome :-D )
Also still have an Fuji F30 (2006), Fuji S5 Pro (2007) and the original Sigma DP1 (2008) and DP2 (2009) - but those are all in storage (moving around too much recently)

Les Klein

Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Montreal area
2002 Panasonic Lumix FZ20. My first digital camera after a one year photography hiatus after my (film) Nikon FM developed a light leak. It is fully functional, as are the two batteries I have for it. The batteries don’t hold their charge very long.

agentlossing

Veteran
Mar 23, 2015
Andrew Lossing
I still have a Panasonic GF3 that I bought for the 14mm f2.5 lens that came attached to it... The lens has gone but the body remained not because I use it, but because the screen was pretty banged up and resale value just isn't there. I've taken it apart and put it back together twice, still works!

I often think about picking up another used Olympus body, probably an EP1. Not a great sensor by today's standards, but a solid body that's fun to operate.

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
My older digital cameras have all perished; that makes this question very easy to answer: the Leica M8 is my oldest fully working digital camera - and it's still going strong (one of my favourite day-to-day carry cameras). Mine was made in 2008, but I acquired it in 2018. The Panasonic GF1 is almost the same age.

I graduated from a Nikon P50 to a D90 in 2009; before that, I had experimented with digital, but not taken it seriously. I had owned a Nikon 600 (the first "compact" digital Nikon - 1MP!) for quite a while before buying the P50 - and a Kyocera S3 which was a truely fiddly camera to use (but took way better images than the 600). The P50 is annoyingly close to being a useful little camera - and I still have it somewhere. However, after the acquistion of the D90, I never looked back. But not even that camera sold me on digital - that was the Olympus E-PM1's job, 2012 ...

M.

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
I think mine is a little Nikon L-2 pocket P&S. Don't remember exactly when I bought it, but I used to mount it on model airplanes and activate it via a remote electronic trigger. IQ wasn't anywhere near current state-of-the-art in aerial photography, but it still gave me a lot of decent pics, and it was great fun.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom