What's your oldest "living" digital camera?

gordo

Veteran
Jul 6, 2017
Arizona
Gordon
Still the R-D1s. I can not get the rendering this camera delivers on any of my Fujis, (although the Fujis do a good job), nor could I when I was still shooting with Leicas.
This is a previously posted recent image from a set I took of my wife after some tidying of our woodshed. I had a 7a 35mm f2 lens on the camera.
. . . David
View attachment 210562
Beautiful capture. That is one camera line I wish had been continued.

Briar

All-Pro
Oct 27, 2010
Scotland
Karen
Olympus ep2 I think. I don’t sell any but sometimes (very occasionally) give away ones I don’t use anymore to friends or family. It’s been a while so in camera respects I am a bit of a hoarder!

Aug 27, 2013
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Good question. I had to think about it for awhile....and, amazingly, it is a camera which is approximately 7 or 8 years old: my venerable Lumix GX-1 body. At the time it came out, its 16mp sensor was, I believe, the highest resolution micro four thirds sensor available, and over the years, I have taken quite a few fine photos with it.

At a certain point, when it became supplanted in my mu43 stable by cameras I preferred - first the GX-7 and, most recently, my still much used GX-8, I decided to fully convert it to an infrared camera. It's now an infrared only photographic tool - and though I don't use it quite as frequently, it still is a great little camera.

Here it is - with the tiny 12-32mm Panasonic zoom which seems to have taken up semi-permanent residence atop it (and the nice LVF2 external finder) -

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And here is one of the infrared photos taken with it -

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

davidzvi

Top Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Boston Burbs
David
Good question. I had to think about it for awhile....and, amazingly, it is a camera which is approximately 7 or 8 years old: my venerable Lumix GX-1 body. At the time it came out, its 16mp sensor was, I believe, the highest resolution micro four thirds sensor available, and over the years, I have taken quite a few fine photos with it......
It was the first small body with 16mp, the GH2 and G3 had the 16mp sensor first, Olys followed a few months later.

I enjoyed the GX1, it was my first serious m4/3 body after getting an E-PM1 to play with.

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
Nikon coolpix 950. Since it is powered by AA batteries and uses CF cards it's pretty resistant to functional obsolescence. 1999, 2 MP, 38-115e zoom lens. Of course, I would have to find my CF card reader.
View attachment 210564
Speaking of CF cards, I found two which I had lost, which belonged with the Kodak DC5000 I no longer have. 32Mb and 8Mb respectively. How far we have come. And now, I realise I actually do have a CF card reader as part of a multi thing I have to plug into the old Macbook. Might see if theres anything on them.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom