Film When You Get Your 10yr Daughter A Fuji Instax Camera For Christmas...

RT Panther

All-Pro
Then you have this dilemma - amongst many others! :confused::eek:
71Qd16MbiIL__SY450_.jpg
81t+v4XuYEL__SY450_.jpg
81Z2z3uAtmL__SY450_.jpg
91AOaqJhq8L__SY450_.jpg
719N5GNLvEL__SY450_.jpg

Oh and..."Dad" uses the plain white ones with his SPP-1 printer that he carries around with his X100T ;)
Actually, the SP-1 is the one thing still missing from the armoury - at some point in time, I'll have to find out how well it works with other brands (i.e. the apps). I'm thoroughly back into shooting instant, the latest addition being this baby:

web_lomoinstantwide_black_quarter-right-with-film.jpg

It's bloody addictive, as I'm sure you know by now ...

M.

Yes, it is...:cool:
This is "Dad's" (er my) travel & hand-me out kit :)
16881620762_bd08887b5d_c.jpg
Small, Light Weight, Compact, Fuji Travel Kit
by RedTail_Panther, on Flickr
Great idea - I saw something very similar on Zack Arias' site. At the moment, I use the Instax Neo 90 for this. But of course, this means that I have to carry a second camera and can't share the images I've taken with my digital gear ...

Anyway, for "serious" shooting, I prefer the Lomo'Instant Mini - extremely simple, yet very interesting (i.e. challenging!) to shoot. I've come a long way since acquiring it and now regularily use it with filters and a light meter ... The big one shown above is a different beast, much closer to the Neo 90 in the way it works (it's got a fully automatic shutter - not only one single shutter speed), and I'm still getting to the bottom of its abilities. What I can say is that shooting it with the UWA attachment is quite a bit of fun - I can even imagine doing some street shooting with it (coming from the Mamiya 6, it's not as strange as it might seem ...).

M.

Matt,
The really great thing about the X100T/INSTAX Share Printer combo is giving prints to strangers on the spot. "We" take all the images of strangers but what do they get from it? It's been nothing but 100% positive responses when I ask strangers to take their image AND I tell them that I will give them a print of their image too!

Here are some images that I've also given out as prints to the folks for posing too! :)

22166342202_d41a430de3_c.jpg
Monster-Con

21416507322_3a8b14c404_c.jpg
Alamo City Comic Con

17075616037_42a48ee27e_c.jpg
Starbuck's Barista

18273513271_8b977a36e4_c.jpg
Spring Yoga

16916257258_1ea3ef5583_c.jpg
Just Hangin' Out

17315231492_169d20250c_c.jpg
Enjoying The Afternoon

17103549745_98e6302f04_c.jpg
Happy Couple On Hays Street Bridge

Great idea - I can even imagine doing some street shooting with it
M.

Actually, the SP-1 is the one thing still missing from the armoury - at some point in time, I'll have to find out how well it works with other brands (i.e. the apps). I'm thoroughly back into shooting instant, the latest addition being this baby:

web_lomoinstantwide_black_quarter-right-with-film.jpg

It's bloody addictive, as I'm sure you know by now ...

M.

I'm so curious about this....I have the Diana f+ instant...but have been thinking that the camera above might be even better. Any thoughts about it, or a link to some images you've made with it would be great! :D

Or should I throw caution to the wind and just pick one up!

I'm so curious about this....I have the Diana f+ instant...but have been thinking that the camera above might be even better. Any thoughts about it, or a link to some images you've made with it would be great! :D

Or should I throw caution to the wind and just pick one up!
I haven't had it long enough to have a lot to show, in fact I'm still testing it out. I might get around to scanning a couple of images next weekend, though. I can keep you posted if you like.

M.

I looked at a Fuji Instax Mini-90 at Urban Outfitters today, and then I saw they're on Amazon for $136 USD. So to get the camera, the Fuji carry case, a couple boxes of film - about $200. I wonder if it's possible to recover a negative from the camera and have a professional enlargement made.

Hmm...Is there a negative per se'?

The reason I ask is because it's about $200 to get started with the Mini 90, which looks more like a real camera, and since there are mini-printers around that you can use with an iPhone anywhere, it doesn't make sense to me to have a film camera for instant prints if there's no negative.

The reason I ask is because it's about $200 to get started with the Mini 90, which looks more like a real camera, and since there are mini-printers around that you can use with an iPhone anywhere, it doesn't make sense to me to have a film camera for instant prints if there's no negative.
I *think* the Instax Smart Phone Printer can be used with any digital camera that can go wireless to a smartphone. This might be a better option for you.

The option I was really considering would have a negative, like many of the Polaroid cameras.

Back